Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #41
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie recommendations

What, no 601 Blues?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #42
SpruceBruce
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jimmy
Trading: (9)
Cohiba
SpruceBruce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefft72 View Post
You should check out the newbie trade thread also. I am almost ready to participate in it myself.
Just starting my first trade in the NST
SpruceBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #43
SpruceBruce
Adjusting to the Life

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
What, no 601 Blues?
They didn't have any, for whatever reason.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #44
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceBruce View Post
They didn't have any, for whatever reason.
Looks like your trading with Mac...I'm sure he'll fix that
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #45
Marlon K
2nd Place is first loser

First Name: Marlon
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
Marlon K is on a distinguished road

A good starter is a LFD Digger LMAO
Old 12-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #46
coty

Just my but these are a few I recommend in the b&m I work in and why.

1.Drew Estates "Isla Del Sol" Churchill, First it's a sweet tip with a rich coffee flavored smoke. The "Del Sols" tend to be well constructed and very "giftable."
The flavor for the cigar is however different than most of it's cohorts that dwel in the humidor with it.

2.Rockey Patel "Vintage 1999 Connecticut" This is my beginner recommendation because of the very creamy draw that it produces, time after reliable time, for me, I can count on this to be a medium bodied Connecticut everytime. Also (in my opinion) one of the better Connecticutsw that I have had.

3. Don Pepin Garcia "Blue Label" This one goes in my top 5 for a beginner because of the "Pepin Pepper" his blend constanly exert. The Lancero is my personal favorite, easy to sip with a medium body and medium spice (if sipped). It cast a different shadow that needs to be experienced by any new smoker.

4. Carlos Toranos "Exodus 1959" This gar hits in a way that is different than the other 4 here. The body and spice are still medium for me in the box-press torpedo version, but the blends flavor is fantastic. My review in my Kryos is over a page long and thats just my personal journal. I can only say try it and see what I mean.

5. La Flor Dominicana "Air Bender" Chisel point~ this guy rounds up my top five. The shape is something new that may be enjoyable but the good stuffs on the inside. The air bender gives off some leather and cedar mixture that makes me smile; but with fire it gives off a leather, cedar, pepper trio that when paired with 70 degree weather, and an ice cold, whiskey married with it's partner in crime "Coke" makes a day rival Christmas!

All of these gars have different loveable or loathable qualites that are good platforms to launch your cigar love or hate from. Key things to keep in mind are: that whats good for me may not be for you, however that doesn't make anything bad it just makes it "not for you." and smoke smoke and smoke everything you can get your hands on so you can experience one of the finest things in life.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #47
coty

And btw your going to love the sMACage from Mac you can tell he puts thought into his trades!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #48
SpruceBruce
Adjusting to the Life

Cohiba

So I had my first 3 cigar evening at the local B&M the other night, I had:

Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto - Was a little disappointed in this one after all of the hype. Thought it was ok, but not anything special.

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Robusto - WOW. This was amazing - very smooth and rich. Great freaking smoke - will be buying more of these for sure.

Oliva Serie V Belicoso - I was a little hesitant to fire this up after already having 2 sticks (and more than a few drinks), but I was very glad I did. Another new favorite!