Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #41
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mac Or PC

Greg read the other thread. You are not going to get an answer. People are going to argue for a week, you are going to get confused and it's going end up with everyone saying get what's right you for and you will end up not getting anything because you are so confused.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #42
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

or you could just bite the bullet and buy a Commodore 64.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #43
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
or you could just bite the bullet and buy a Commodore 64.
Commodore sucks! Go with a TRS-80.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #44
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Just Wanted To Let Everyone Know. I Ordered An IMAC 21.5 Today!
Thanks For The Advice, Everyone!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #45
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
AWESOME! Which specs did you go with?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #46
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I haven't read this thread... but I can say as a Mac user since 1991... I really don't think you will be disappointed if you use the computer for what most of us use them for today
Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #47
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
AWESOME! Which specs did you go with?
Upgraded To The More expensive & Hopefully Better Video Card With 1 TB HD. Airport Express To Make My Old HP Printer Wireless. Went With The Standard 4MB RAM & Decided Not To Order Windows 7 At This Time. What Do You Have?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #48
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I haven't read this thread... but I can say as a Mac user since 1991... I really don't think you will be disappointed if you use the computer for what most of us use them for today
Good To Hear, Brent!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #49
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Here's A Picture:
http://www.apple.com/imac/
Old 04-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #50
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Old 04-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #51
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Here's A Picture:
http://www.apple.com/imac/
Nice!!!
Welcome to the Apple world.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #52
mariogolbee

Quote:
Upgraded To The More expensive & Hopefully Better Video Card With 1 TB HD. Airport Express To Make My Old HP Printer Wireless. Went With The Standard 4MB RAM & Decided Not To Order Windows 7 At This Time. What Do You Have?
I purchased mine through our college bookstore about two years ago by way of a scholarship. To my good fortune one of the faculty had returned the system due to an upgraded version coming out. All this means is that it's a three year old model. Not nearly as cool as yours but she's still running flawlessly!

My model is the 24", 2.4 Ghz Core Duo, HD Radeon 2700, 300 G HD, and came with 2 G of RAM. I upgraded to 4 G easily and inexpensively with Crucial Memory. You can upgrade to 16 G of RAM I think should the occasion arise.

I'm fairly sure you'll be happy with your purchase. Well done Greg.

I suggest getting Apple Care if you haven't already. The Time Machine is also wonderful as a wireless N base station and wireless backup unit.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #53
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I purchased mine through our college bookstore about two years ago by way of a scholarship. To my good fortune one of the faculty had returned the system due to an upgraded version coming out. All this means is that it's a three year old model. Not nearly as cool as yours but she's still running flawlessly!

My model is the 24", 2.4 Ghz Core Duo, HD Radeon 2700, 300 G HD, and came with 2 G of RAM. I upgraded to 4 G easily and inexpensively with Crucial Memory. You can upgrade to 16 G of RAM I think should the occasion arise.

I'm fairly sure you'll be happy with your purchase. Well done Greg.

I suggest getting Apple Care if you haven't already. The Time Machine is also wonderful as a wireless N base station and wireless backup unit.
Thanks, Mario! I Did Get The Apple Care As Recommended By Many. Now I Just Have To Learn The New "Language"!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #54
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

just my 2 cents: ive been using macs and pcs for as long as i can remember, and i like them both. If my pc died, i wouldn't buy a new one, but if my mac did, i would buy a new one
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #55
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
just my 2 cents: ive been using macs and pcs for as long as i can remember, and i like them both. If my pc died, i wouldn't buy a new one, but if my mac did, i would buy a new one
Good Recommendation!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:49 AM   #56
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on the computer Greg

Looks like we are both taking the leap into the Mac world together
Old 04-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #57
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Congrats on the computer Greg

Looks like we are both taking the leap into the Mac world together
Which One Did You Get?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 AM   #58
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

Trading: (15)
HUpmann
newcigarz has disabled reputation

Quote:
congrats!
newcigarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:21 AM   #59
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcigarz View Post
congrats!
Thanks, Tony!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #60
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Which One Did You Get?
Ordered the new Macbook Pro 15" with the i7 processor