Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-18-2022, 09:28 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Romeo y Julieta Reserve - Churchill

https://www.altadisusa.com/cigars/ro...ulieta-reserve

So, i got this one off of my COTM club. I smoked one previously so i could get a better understanding of the flavors and to better review it later. Not my favorite size for sure but still a good looking stick. So, lets start the review and enough stalling

Wrapper: Beautiful milk chocolate wrapper, triple capped, No veins showing as far as i can see so just a beautiful looking cigar

Draw: perfect milkshake draw

floral, tea, hay/grass, creamy finish, coffee, vanilla, So far at the start a very mild cigar, woodiness, slight peanut butter, toastiness,

toastiness, vanilla, floral, hay/grass, tea leaves, coffee, creaminess, wood, sweet tobacco, white pepper, spice, hints of cocoa,

Toastiness, hay/grass, vanilla, tea, cocoa, spice, hint of cayenne, coffee, creaminess, hints of peanut butter,

Ash/Burn: Ash was nicely packed throughout and burn was fairly even

Finish: The one thing i don't like about these larger churchills is how long they take to really get started. The first 3rd of this cigar wasn't anything special but after that it really started to come to life. After the 1/3 some spiciness started to kick in and kept this cigar from getting boring. I think if i'm being honest i'd be hard pressed to buy these again. I'm glad i tried it but there just wasn't anything too special about this cigar. I think i was just looking for something more out of it. If you enjoy more mild cigars that build then this is your cigar. I'd say buy a 5 pack and try for yourself. Maybe it was just me. So, i hope you enjoyed my review today and enjoy the rest of your day! God bless you!
Old 02-18-2022, 03:29 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Romeo y Julieta Reserve - Churchill

Thanks for sticking with it to give us the full vicarious experience Jason!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote