Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-03-2022, 02:12 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Arturo Fuente Hemingway Between The Lines

https://arturofuente.com/hemingway-4/

So, i picked this up the other day to try and review. I have to admit that it's a gorgeous looking cigar. The Fuentes love making pretty cigars i'll give them that much but is this as good as the other selections within the Hemingway line? Let's find out

Appearance: maybe the most perfectly rolled cigar i've ever had

Smoke:this one puts out a great amount of smoke

very sweet tobacco, chocolate, vanilla, dry fruit, kola nut, coffee, interesting flavor blend between the two wrappers and it makes flavors harder to peg down. almonds, very light leather notes, creaminess, a little white pepper, earthiness, definitely a complex smoke from the start

chocolate, coffee, earthiness, almost like a cocoa rubbed steak like flavor, dry fruit, vanilla, cream, wood, kola nut, sweet tobacco,

chocolate, caramel, coffee, earthiness, dry fruit, creaminess, still has that meatiness to it that is very pleasant, kola nuts, woodiness, sweetness,

Ash, burn was a little uneven but with the two wrappers it wasn't unexpected. ash was perfect and tightly packed as always

Finish, it has all the Fuente flavors that go along with Hemingway but it has a complexity i wasn't expecting. I'll definitely be buying some more to try but not right now. This is more of a special occasion smoke. I highly recommend it. I hope you enjoyed this little review! God bless you all!
Old 01-03-2022, 03:09 PM   #2
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Arturo Fuente Hemingway Between The Lines

Nice review, Jason. Construction is always top notch with these, for sure.

If you can age your Hemingway's, at the 10 year mark they become absolutely incredible. Years ago at the Shack, we had a crazy aged Cuban ppp going. We popped a 10 year plus, Signature in the mix without telling anyone and everyone just LOVED it. Even the Cuban snobs, like me. lol
Old 01-03-2022, 04:09 PM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Nice review, Jason. Construction is always top notch with these, for sure.

If you can age your Hemingway's, at the 10 year mark they become absolutely incredible. Years ago at the Shack, we had a crazy aged Cuban ppp going. We popped a 10 year plus, Signature in the mix without telling anyone and everyone just LOVED it. Even the Cuban snobs, like me. lol
one of the reasons i enjoy the hemingway line is just how close to cuban they get. they all taste great but every once in a while i smoke one the is special and that one has me questioning their compliance with the embargio. My father La Promesa does the same for me as well but more consistently. thanks for the comment bro! God bless you!
Old 01-03-2022, 04:15 PM   #4
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

I smoked these, and a ton of Short Stories back in the '80s and '90s. They are not what they used to be regarding flavor. They are very good, do not get me wrong, but the Cameroon wrapper that was intertwined with the maduro made these incredibly special.

I haven't had one of these in quite a while, probably since 1999. I may have to try another soon.

Nice review.