Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #41
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coolidors are for pu$$ies.

Hum, let see- (1) Not much money, and (2) Impress some folks that come in (who most likely know nothing about cigars). I think I would go with something like "La Sirena"- Largest band I have seen on a cigar- seems to take up 75% of the cigar. So, get a box of the Churchill from the devil site.
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Padron 3000 Maduro. Great strength, flavors, and a great price. Plus it looks like a tough cigar.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #43
Bleez
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bleez
Trading: (26)
SCdlH
Bleez will become famous soon enough

Modest salary? (Sounds like real life) 601 Blue Robbies. $65 a box, affordable.

All day long.

Old band. New ones aren't "rough" looking...
Bleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #44
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Famous Nic 3000 Robusto. Unbanded. Cheap, about the RG of a .45, so Mike Hammer would appreciate them (Mike was the man!). Very nice construction, so they would fool many into thinking they could be $6 sticks. Good flavor profile, lots of sutle hints of good flavors. The flavors and medium body means the babe in the desk would be able to handle it.

While I enjoy the 3000, it's NOT my go-to stick. BUT it is the stick that meets the criteria of the original post!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #45
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, clients are far and few inbetween, and that's why he stocks his beat-up humi with "Nicaraguan Overruns" robusto' (5x54) from Holt' (and not those pu$$y 601 Blues either)

Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #46
dubleuhb
Big egos have little ears

First Name: Bill
Trading: (2)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
dubleuhb is on a distinguished road

Fuente 858's, Maduro or Sungrowns, throw in an occasional Cammie And I'm good.
dubleuhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #47
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

PSD4s are only about $7 apiece, Pu$$y.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #48
TJtorpedo
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
TJtorpedo is on a distinguished road

If I'm a hard-case PI with not much dough to buy the finer things, the AB Maxx The Fix would be my stick. Perfect for blowing smoke into peoples' faces and the thick RG makes a heck of a burn mark when I'm working over scumbags for information.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #49
mk05
Have My Own Room

mk05 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jiggler View Post
Let's say times are tight...You've changed guns. Twice. But never changed cigars. It's your trademark.

What's in your box?
Partagas D4, JL#2, or cabs of ERDM CS.

If you had Kimber 1911's you wouldn't have changed guns. Fact.
mk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #50
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk05 View Post

If you had Kimber 1911's you wouldn't have changed guns. Fact.
"Prediction. I never see you or him again for the rest of my life."

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #51
Cigar Mike
Thankful.

First Name: Mike
Montecristo CoastGuard (Deployed)
Cigar Mike is on a distinguished road

Tommy, the delivery guy, walked in and dropped a box from the cigar shop up the street. He spat a dirty toothpick on the floor and rasped out a grunt of a hello in a voice as greasy as that signature wife-beater he wore every day.

"Dey sey to tells ya this is the last box on credit. You gotta come clean on you bill or they aint gunna let you have no more."

Yeah, times are tough, and customers are as rare right now as that custom Kimber .45 that I let get away. She was a 'beaut, the lass that took her from me, but nothing was as gorgeous as that match-grade piece of lethal artwork that'd saved my bacon more times than I can ever admit. The night that skirt stole my piece was the darkest night of my life, at least, it was, until I found out she ran off with my dog, too.

Yeah, I admit that dog was no good for business...not much use in this trade for a bloodhound that gets lost chasing his own tail, but that gun was important, just about as much as the contents of that box sitting on the desk. This is serious work I do here, lives and fortunes rely on the brainpower of this private dick, and that takes a serious stick - cigar, that is - to get the job done.

Yeah, it's gotta be something I can smoke every day, but less jobs rolling in these days means I'm hanging on to money tighter than that dirty shirt's squeezing Tommy's healthy beer gut. This is something my trade relys on, whether it's to help me think my way out of hole I've dug myself into, or the smoke's just there to cover up the gallon of cheap purfume that rich old bat splashed on before she tried to hire me to find her missing cat again. Plus, the dames seem to dig a guy with a cigar, and my dear old dad always had some suggestions I won't repeat here about what to do with a girl that likes a good cigar from time to time. It's vital to keep that beat-up old humidor stocked all the time in this business.

"Here, Tommy, have a seat." I reach out to the box and pull out a Romeo y Julietta Reserve Maduro and hand it to him. These are cheap enough for me to keep around and hand out to anyone that needs to have a sit-down in my shop, but no so cheap I don't loose any dignity every time I light one up. There's a bottle of the finest rot-gut the corner store stocks in a plastic bottle and I fill up a mostly clean coffee cup and hand that to Tommy, too.

By the time Tommy and his trademark mustard stain are ready to leave he's been appeased by the cigar gods and I know he's not going to give me too much trouble next time I need another box. I chase him out of the office finally to get some serious work done on that bottle and light up my cigar. Just when I thought I was getting the winning hand on that particular situation, she walks in....
Cigar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #52
whodeeni

Where are you guys getting 601 blues for 65?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #53
the jiggler
ˇtaste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike View Post
Tommy, the delivery guy, walked in and dropped a box from the cigar shop up the street. He spat a dirty toothpick on the floor and rasped out a grunt of a hello in a voice as greasy as that signature wife-beater he wore every day.

"Dey sey to tells ya this is the last box on credit. You gotta come clean on you bill or they aint gunna let you have no more."

Yeah, times are tough, and customers are as rare right now as that custom Kimber .45 that I let get away. She was a 'beaut, the lass that took her from me, but nothing was as gorgeous as that match-grade piece of lethal artwork that'd saved my bacon more times than I can ever admit. The night that skirt stole my piece was the darkest night of my life, at least, it was, until I found out she ran off with my dog, too.

Yeah, I admit that dog was no good for business...not much use in this trade for a bloodhound that gets lost chasing his own tail, but that gun was important, just about as much as the contents of that box sitting on the desk. This is serious work I do here, lives and fortunes rely on the brainpower of this private dick, and that takes a serious stick - cigar, that is - to get the job done.

Yeah, it's gotta be something I can smoke every day, but less jobs rolling in these days means I'm hanging on to money tighter than that dirty shirt's squeezing Tommy's healthy beer gut. This is something my trade relys on, whether it's to help me think my way out of hole I've dug myself into, or the smoke's just there to cover up the gallon of cheap purfume that rich old bat splashed on before she tried to hire me to find her missing cat again. Plus, the dames seem to dig a guy with a cigar, and my dear old dad always had some suggestions I won't repeat here about what to do with a girl that likes a good cigar from time to time. It's vital to keep that beat-up old humidor stocked all the time in this business.

"Here, Tommy, have a seat." I reach out to the box and pull out a Romeo y Julietta Reserve Maduro and hand it to him. These are cheap enough for me to keep around and hand out to anyone that needs to have a sit-down in my shop, but no so cheap I don't loose any dignity every time I light one up. There's a bottle of the finest rot-gut the corner store stocks in a plastic bottle and I fill up a mostly clean coffee cup and hand that to Tommy, too.

By the time Tommy and his trademark mustard stain are ready to leave he's been appeased by the cigar gods and I know he's not going to give me too much trouble next time I need another box. I chase him out of the office finally to get some serious work done on that bottle and light up my cigar. Just when I thought I was getting the winning hand on that particular situation, she walks in....
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #54
Bleez
Feeling at Home

SCdlH

We have a winner...
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #55
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleez View Post
We have a winner...
Sweet, what did I win?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #56
Bleez
Feeling at Home

SCdlH

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Sweet, what did I win?
A swift from a brave soul. Not I.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #57
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Sweet, what did I win?
A full box of Tats latest LE!
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #58
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleez View Post
A swift from a brave soul. Not I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
A full box of Tats latest LE!
Which do I get first?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #59
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (84)
lbowles2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaMkcK View Post
Box after box of My Father's Flor De Las Antillas. Maybe a little switch up every now and then with some Tatuaje's or some Drew Estates.. But my go to: FDLA.
I like the way you think... them things is tasty
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #60
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike View Post

Definitely interested in reading more about her.