Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 04-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #41
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Amaretto?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonS View Post
No Threadjack.. It has texture here...

I have found that i appreciate Cohiba with the taste of amaretto. The Creamy taste goes hand and hand with it, and it doesnt give the illusion of Overkill (and in some cases, underkill; like a light Hoyo). Something too strong wont mesh well with the sweetness, but Cohiba is still strong enough to have significant tasting notes to rise above the sweetness.. Granted, This is all purely my opinion
It was finally warm enough to enjoy a full cigar outside without me freezing my arse off, so I figured I would bust out the amaretto after dinner and paired it with a Graycliff Chateau Gran Cru. I actually really liked the pairing...the amaretto sweetness kind of added another level to the complexity becuase my taste buds were enhanced to the sweetness which I found really complemented the spice of the Graycliff.

I still have another Cohiba sitting in my humi, so it think I'll be trying that one with some amaretto soon given the great stretch of weather we've had lately up here in New England.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #42
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Amaretto?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa View Post
I still have another Cohiba sitting in my humi, so it think I'll be trying that one with some amaretto soon given the great stretch of weather we've had lately up here in New England.
Go for it and check back.... Im curious to get some second opinions
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote