Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro

Hey, I haven't seen much discussion of this particular cigar in a long while. Has it fallen out of favor?

For those who have some, how have they aged?

Were/are there problems with more recent versions of these?

Or did people just move on to other things?

Just curious about why we do not hear much about these anymore.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro

Nice ash cigars has boxes of them for sale at 101 a box. The 5x54 size. Just a heads up.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Hey, I haven't seen much discussion of this particular cigar in a long while. Has it fallen out of favor?

For those who have some, how have they aged?

Were/are there problems with more recent versions of these?

Or did people just move on to other things?

Just curious about why we do not hear much about these anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Nice ash cigars has boxes of them for sale at 101 a box. The 5x54 size. Just a heads up.
Thanks for the information. Problem with that though, it doesn't answer any of my questions.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Thanks for the information. Problem with that though, it doesn't answer any of my questions.
Oh Snap
Old 11-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Just trying to help out. I see where that goes with some people. I personally liked these. Underrated cigar in my opinion. The reason they probably aren't talked about is because there is a glutton of new releases out there. Carry on
Old 11-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's a good price, thanks MIB!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

Glad I could help Mike!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
Savvy
Bull Goose Loony

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (11)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Savvy will become famous soon enough

I just tried one of these last week. Had a regular Guapo too the week before. As far as my experience with both went, I think the regular is just a far better cigar. The maduro wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Maybe after some age they'd be good though? I'd be interested in hearing thoughts if anyone has let one sit in a humi for awhile.
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #9
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

I had one for the first time last week and thoroughly enjoyed it so I too am curious if anyone has tucked some away for aging. The next time I'm at my B&M I'll be picking up more.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

I've never been a fan of the maduro, but loved the OR Guapos. I smoked one of the OR a year or two ago (about 4 years old?) and it was better than ever, a really remarkable cigar. I bought a few more current release after that last OR I smoked and they've been really good, but not quite as remarkable as that OR. I'm hoping with some age, they'll really shine. I've got one OR left. Let me smoke it and I'll let you know.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Just trying to help out. I see where that goes with some people. I personally liked these. Underrated cigar in my opinion. The reason they probably aren't talked about is because there is a glutton of new releases out there. Carry on
Sorry Kevin, that was a rude response on my part. Yeah, I saw the sale - which is why I asked the question. I had heard that the maduro was not as good as regular line. I also heard that they had fallen off in quality from the original release and the close subsequent years, and had not been "great" in the last 2 or 3 years.

Todd
Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #12
CigarInspector
Blogging hedonist

First Name: Denis
Trading: (0)
RA
CigarInspector is on a distinguished road

I will try to answer your questions.

The Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro cigars I bought have aged very nicely over the last year. The flavor has evened out a little over the course of the year. The first one I smoked had zero time in the humidor and burned a little unevenly, but obviously, that was my fault. All the other times I smoked the cigars, they were flawless.

I have sampled a single cigar from a newer batch at a friend's home a few days ago. There was a very slight difference in taste, but I would expect that. The cigar wrapper was just as high of quality. It smoked perfectly with a good rich flavor end-to-end.

I suspect you do not hear as much about them now because they have been around for a while. People tend to review cigars others have not already reviewed.

As far as the "moving on", I am constantly moving on and trying new cigars. I still have some Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro sticks in the humidor, and will probably buy more in the future, but I do not intend to make them my main choice.
CigarInspector is offline   Reply With Quote