Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-26-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Support your local B&M

I'm not talking about your local vape shop that carries the odd opus X in their glass case "humidor". They mostly carry macanudo"s because tony soprano told them so. Your local tobacconist or in my case my local sommelier (yes he's that fancy) will eventually get to know you and what your palate is geared to enjoy and will be able to help make different suggestions and maybe, just maybe open up your horizons a little bit. My local guy casey (i assume he's a guy, i didn't ask him his pronouns ) was able to help me today whereas buying online wouldn't allow for this type of relationship. We enjoy our cigar culture not only for the cigars but also the relationships we make. I'd assume if we all lived within 5 miles of each other that we'd be meeting up all the time to enjoy and share out "little" hobby. Buying online has a lot of upside in terms of deals plus some of us do not live near to a local cigar shop. I'm just saying that if you do have a decent cigar shop in your area that when you can to support your local B&M and build relationships with them. I guess i'm just old school that way. Anyways, have a great and blessed day!
Old 11-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #2
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation
Default Re: Support your local B&M

Online for me, as my local B&M's are over 100 miles away. I do try to stop by when I make it to the big city.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:52 PM   #3
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

I do my buying in person much as possible. But we're fortunate here in Cincytucky to have good and even great choices.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:54 AM   #4
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

The biggest advantage to buying in person i've found is no need to rest anything. it's great to buy, grab, and go
Old 12-03-2021, 01:36 PM   #5
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
The biggest advantage to buying in person i've found is no need to rest anything. it's great to buy, grab, and go
I try my best, but when you can get factory smokes bundle online for $30 and the local shop is selling that same bundle for $70... Imma have to pass.

I do like to drop in and grab sticks I want to try or something to that effect.