Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Deez

Default My bad a duplicate new and dont know how to delete

This is my first review.

When I found out h. upmann released a sungrown i was ecstatic yet skeptical about it cause it was houndran ( dont get me wrong there are hondrans that i love im just more of a DR fan) DR but when i lit it up all worries faded

THe first off automatically hit me with a smooth creamy sweet floral taste. But after the first initial awe, i noticed the trademark woodiness behind it. The taste was vanilla,nutty, and wood. It was one of the most smooth and creamy cigar ive ever had. In the middle i started to notice a subtle carmle taste to emerge.

But this is a review and there are cons. This is not a complex cigar. It is mild bodied so dont excpect a power house. And the draw is a little airy at first.

Overall I couldnt recommend this cigar more. Its a simple cigar and its all the better for it. So i suggest even if you dont like h. upmann that you try this out. Just light it up on a nice sunny afternoon and enjoy

Last edited by Deez; 02-04-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
jdawg
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (2)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
jdawg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H. Upmann sungrown

Nice review!

Sounds like a good smoke!
jdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: H. Upmann sungrown

H Upmann sungrown is one of my favorites...good review
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
Deez

Default Re: My bad a duplicate new and dont know how to delete

Edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
this is my first review.

When i found out h. Upmann released a sungrown i was ecstatic yet skeptical about it cause it was houndran ( dont get me wrong there are hondrans that i love im just more of a dr fan) dr but when i lit it up all worries faded

the first off automatically hit me with a smooth creamy sweet floral taste. But after the first initial awe, i noticed the trademark woodiness behind it. The taste was vanilla,nutty, and wood. It was one of the most smooth and creamy cigar ive ever had.

In the middle i started to notice a subtle carmle taste to emerge.

The final third i noticed a burst of floral spices with the wood and but it never became too harsh

but this is a review and there are cons. This is not a complex cigar. It is mild bodied so dont excpect a power house. And the draw is a little airy at first.

Overall i couldnt recommend this cigar more. Its a simple cigar and its all the better for it. So i suggest even if you dont like h. Upmann that you try this out. Just light it up on a nice sunny afternoon and enjoy