Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 11-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road
Default Auto air purifier from Famous

I was wondering if indeed these auto air purifiers actually work . So I bought a cheap one to test it out . It actually works quite well but one is a little under powered for my Chevy Suburban , at least that was what I was thinking . My wife asked me the other day why I was going to start smoking in my truck ? And thats when I realized how well this little gizmo was working , she had no idea that I had been smoking in my Chevy for about a year now . Now I don't sit inside with the windows up all the way and smoke a Churchill , I open all 4 windows a 1/2 inch and usually smoke a Party Chicos on the ride from work to home , and sometimes I'll smoke a larger cigar on road trips when I'm alone . When I'm done I put the nub in the trash after it's out and empty all the ashes from my Cigar Bobkin(also a great little product) into the trash as well , then I plug in the air purifier and lock up the Chevy good and tight . It may take a day or 2 after a big cigar but with the Chicos the smell is gone by the next afternoon , just a hint of cigar smell the morning after smoking . When I let it run for a couple days after smoking there is a kind of grassy smell inside my Chevy once the smoke odor is gone . I would recommend this product to anyone who wishes to smoke in their vehicle . One other point is that I have cloth seats and it still does a good job .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auto airpurifier.jpg (24.9 KB, 340 views)
Bubba - NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Auto air purifier from Famous

thanks for the review, ive been considering getting one of these... i just wasnt sure if it really worked

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation

Nice... I just started smoking cigars in my car recently since my commute is quite long... I might have to get one of these bad boys!

Does it run all night when you leave it in there or does it have a battery it charges while the car is running?
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
tobii3

dunno about all the windows down, but I drop the drivers side window about an inch to inch and half, then put the fan on, blowing down at my feet (fan, NOT the A/C) - it works by negative pressure - the smoke gets sucked out the window.

I smoke in my Dakota (Baby) everyday on the way home.

Also, if you don't have them, a great addition is the ventvisors on the outside so you can drive with your window down in the rain.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Nice review, I will be picking up one of these.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

I have one of these and mine may be defective. It seemed to work properly for about a month or so. Now I can see arching inside through the vented slots and it makes a wierd noise. I already sent one back previously because no matter what outlet I plugged it into there was no power.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy told me he has one but if he leaves it plugged in overnight it kills his battery. He said it works great.
I take my big ozone machine out and put it in my car when it gets stinky.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road

When I leave it plugged in it runs all the time . I haven't had a problem yet with it killing the battery , not even a slow start up of my engine , but I did put in a brand new battery at the end of last winter . I did also recently put the vent visors on my truck for the sole purpose of cracking the windows open in the rain to smoke .
Bubba - NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
dadof3illinois

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (2)
Partagas
dadof3illinois is on a distinguished road

Another thing that works is once a week put a couple dryer sheets under your seat. When the sun warms up the inside of your car it helps take out the smells. Works great for my chevy ext cab.
dadof3illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
Hardcz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
dunno about all the windows down, but I drop the drivers side window about an inch to inch and half, then put the fan on, blowing down at my feet (fan, NOT the A/C) - it works by negative pressure - the smoke gets sucked out the window.

I smoke in my Dakota (Baby) everyday on the way home.

Also, if you don't have them, a great addition is the ventvisors on the outside so you can drive with your window down in the rain.

What he said.... Thanks for posting the review, just bought one this afternoon then saw this tonight. Guess that takes the guess work out of if it's crap or not.