Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default La Flor Dominicana el museo

These La Flor Dominicana El Museo cigars are a made by Litto Gomez with help from the famous artist Ruben Toledo and his wife and fashion designer Isobel Toledo. The reason for them to create this cigar was to raise money for the only Latin museum in New York, El museo del barrio. 2000 numbered boxes were made, and 10 of them made it to The Netherlands. These churchill sized (6¾x52) cigars are a Domincan puro, with a binder and filler that is grown on the La Flor de Palma farm. In The Netherlands these limited edition cigars have a price tag of € 23.00 each.

First thing that stands out is the band, designed by Ruben Toledo, art with a latin touch. The cigar has a nice shiny and oily wrapper with just a few veins. The construction feels good and I got a good predraw with a quite strong raisin flavor. The cigar has a strong wood smell.

I taste wood, mild sweet and after an inch the flavor turns go wood with a sweet chocolate. The sweet chocolate slowly disappears but the wood remains. This cigar is very one dimensional. The taste is nice, but I expect more from a € 23.00 cigar. After two thirds I taste a herbal flavor.

The smoke time of this cigar is two hours and twenty minutes. I got a lot of smoke and a great draw. The burn was very good too. The white ash has some black spots and it's firm but frayed. This cigar is medium flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Not for this price. It is a nice cigar and I love the cause of this cigar, but it doesn't deliver what you expect from a price tag like this.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: La Flor Dominicana el museo

Thanks for the review!!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Another fine review Ferdie!!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
rostamizadeh

Nice review! I really enjoyed smoking an El Museo. I found it had a lot of flavor, and its construction quality was perfect. I agree that for $23 it's a bit high for what you get...but hey, you're supporting a good cause with your purchase. It's like a donation, but a donation you get to enjoy giving for over two hours.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Great review Ferdie!!
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

G G is offline   Reply With Quote