Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #21
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: Riding Safe

I was in no way inferring that you are an offender, Tom. It's simply a pet peeve of mine. I really have no business even commenting in this thread other than to offer my condolences.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #22
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

To be fair, if we had more than a paltry 15 minutes to edit our posts, I would not be on record as wishing death
on anyone. But 15.23 minutes after I wrote that I re-read it and tried to say something more like my actual feelings
and was told, just like a thousand times before, that it was too late. I have lobbied more than a dozen times in my own
useless way to extend that out a bit to no avail.

As for "it's not my job", it certainly isn't MINE. I don't ride. Stupid motorists are all over the road, in 2 to 18+ wheel
variants of death-dealing heavy metal, so I get your point, Tom. Well taken.

But the OP was looking for suggestions and for a little sympathy for his deceased friend. I gave my opinion on the matter.
But in reality, anyone who does wheelies on an interstate as they ride past me and hundreds of other motorists actually
COULD die and I won't shed any tears for em. Helps control the surplus population. Keeps stupid people from breeding
sometimes. Their parents, sure I feel bad for their loved ones and the families of those they kill or maim.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #23
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
It really yanks my chain when the riders think they are better or more
privileged than the rest on the road. I believe they need to follow the same rules of the road that
any other motor vehicle does. That being said, I don't wish injury to anyone at any time.
This is also where my attitude gets so raw....You get people who at least in the words I quoted,
think they are better than other motorists, or get luxury privileges based on their extreme mobility
and compact size. And it's the same people in a lot of cases that complain they don't get any
respect, or the same respect as other drivers. In this case, you really DON'T get to have it
both ways. I just saw Easy Rider the other night on commercial TV and I felt really bad for D. Hopper
and P. Fonda. I guess they suffered for the bad, too.

Look, it's a real shame that cyclists are in such danger and get so little respect in this 'everyone has
a phone in use in their car at all times" world. But 1/4 of you are SCREWING the other 3/4 of you, too.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
fencefixer
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
fencefixer will become famous soon enoughfencefixer will become famous soon enough

If you drive drunk and crash your vehicle which leads to your fatality.. you asked for it the whole way and got it. Any rational human being knows this. Personally I think that's something along the lines of what Brad was trying to point out (at least that's how I read it) and not wishing death on someone.

It's always easy to blame another party instead of looking for faults on your side, for example "He was driving drunk and crashed into a tree but it's the manufacturer's fault because his airbag didn't deploy" etc. know what I mean?

Common scenario: A motorcyclist speeds up to get in front of a car due an upcoming lane closure:

Car - Look at that motorcycle speed like crazy to get in front of me! I passed him earlier cause his pipes were so friggin loud. My ears hurt, stupid motorcyclists!

Motorcycle - What a dick! I need to pass him asap because earlier he almost swiped me off the road for no reason!

See.. The best we can do is work with each other and not against each other or tragedies like this will never end. For every action there's a reaction and for the reaction there's another one. Ride and drive safe my friends!
fencefixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #25
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

It seems in poor taste to be discussing/arguing the merits and shortcomings of some riders in a thread like this

Again, my most sincere condolences Vic.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #26
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

I always give bikers plenty of room where ever I drive. I still shudder at seeing some guy wipe out horribly on the expressway a few months ago. I was merging onto the freeway from another one, and got over to the middle lane and was driving along, when I saw something on my right that didn't look right; it was some guy dumping his Harley and cartwheeling along the right lane, with the bike skidding along next to him.

Sorry for your loss.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #27
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

As a rider who has lost more than a few friends, I am saddened to hear this Vic and send my prayers.

Some of the previous posts are also really sad, with or without editing and would be sorta fun to see brought up at some of the bike nights I've been to and would be hard to shed a tear at the predictable result of such actions away from the keyboard.

Last edited by floydpink; 06-26-2012 at 07:20 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #28
Resipsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
It seems in poor taste to be discussing/arguing the merits and shortcomings of some riders in a thread like this

Again, my most sincere condolences Vic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
As a rider who has lost more than a few friends, I am saddened to hear this Vic and send my prayers.

Some of the previous posts are also really sad, with or without editing and would be sorta fun to see brought up at some of the bike nights I've been to and would be hard to shed a tear at the predictable result of such actions away from the keyboard.
Appreciated brothers