Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default 40ct Cigar Caddy Mod

I got tired of having to use a flashlight or nothing at all in low light situations. Here is the mod I did to correct the situation. The cost was $11 at home depot. Its 4 LED lights that run on 3 AAA batteries. This thing is bright as heck.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Fia
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
Fia is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 40ct Cigar Caddy Mod

Thats really cool!!! You just cut the foam with a razor? Did you need to do anything else to affix it to the lid?
Fia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fia View Post
Thats really cool!!! You just cut the foam with a razor? Did you need to do anything else to affix it to the lid?
3M double sided tape. That way I can remove it if I need to replace batteries.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I have one in mine, too. Just like the one in the Halliburton in the WTS thread.
I stole the idea from Dball.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Awesome set up Scott. I would love to get a Halliburton Case, but the budget wont allow it right now.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Awesome set up Scott. I would love to get a Halliburton Case, but the budget wont allow it right now.
Me too, brother. How I missed that one is beyond me.
I really don't need it at all, I have 6 or 7 travel humis already. One I haven't used and another is still in the box, lol.
I'm going to pimp out a Pelican Storm for out here in the shop. That way it can get dirty and beat up and won't matter.
I need to go find another light like the one you have or the one I have already. The one I have was in our pantry until I put a light in. Weeze got it somewhere, I have no idea where. Probably Lowes or Target.
I like it because it's just got two contacts you bridge with your finger, it's incredibly bright, and the angle adjust any way you want it. The thing is just plain cool.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet Larry!! I stole this same idea from Dom at his herf last year, set up both my Xikar 30-50 count and my Xikar 50-80 count up with one.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
area51
Blowing Smoke Rings

First Name: Ken
Trading: (3)
Bolivar Army (Active)
area51 has a spectacular aura aboutarea51 has a spectacular aura about

That's awesome.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
Big Bert
Been a long time coming

First Name: Albert
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
Big Bert will become famous soon enough

Nice!!! Im thinking of getting a travel humidor also. Getting tired of using tupperware
Old 05-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Do you have to turn it on and off manually? If so, it would probably have been cheaper to just get an LED flashlight for 99 cents at any gas station and placed it inside the case.

Love the creativity tho. Looks awesome.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Do you have to turn it on and off manually? If so, it would probably have been cheaper to just get an LED flashlight for 99 cents at any gas station and placed it inside the case.

Love the creativity tho. Looks awesome.
I was doing the flashlight thing and was getting tired of it. This works allot better. And yes, I have to turn in on manually.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #12
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough

Nice Guys!!!!
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Sweet Larry!! I stole this same idea from Dom at his herf last year, set up both my Xikar 30-50 count and my Xikar 50-80 count up with one.
And I stole it from Mac for my 50ct!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was doing the flashlight thing and was getting tired of it. This works allot better. And yes, I have to turn in on manually.
I'm still doing the flashlight I got at Ace Hardware for a buck.. It works for me lol. Maybe when it runs out of batteries ill find another reason to waste money on this hobby.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

My light works fairly decent when needed Larry

BTW, nice mod to your 40ct Larry...

Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
It sure beats holding a flashlight in your teeth.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I bet Scott can figure out how to rig this so it turns on when you open it
Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #18
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Brilliant idea! I would think sticky hook and loop (Velcro) would work as good as the double sided tape. Might last longer, too.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

I was thinking about the velcro, but I had the tape in the garage.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #20
OnlyDryReds
Driving around aimlessly

First Name: Rob
Trading: (12)
Trinidad
OnlyDryReds is on a distinguished road

Maybe two double mercury switches and an op amp and you could get it to turn off and on correctly...hmmmmm have to work on this idea...
OnlyDryReds is offline   Reply With Quote