Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #341
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Patriots Fans

Tom was very lucky to get out of the first quarter in one piece after the beating he was taking.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #342
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

Well, a win is a win. Pats played well during second and third quarters. Took a while to get started in the first, (defense needed to get off the field) and then there was the fourth. Someone forgot to tell the Colts that the game was over...Oh, wait a minute it wasn't. I'm sure Bill will remind the team of that lapse in judgement today..(yes, a rare Monday practice has been scheduled by a less than joyful holiday elf named Bill).

No accolades to give out, all were forfeited in the fourth quarter, even Gronk's.

Next up the Redskins. We'll need to play well ALL FOUR QUARTERS in this one.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #343
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Yes, we won down in Washington. No, it was not pretty.
Usually at this point I would moan and groan about the defense and how it is not going to be good enough in the playoffs...and I do beleive this. But, I'd like to offer a DIFFERENT look at how the defense has performed this year. This year's defense is probably Bill's best coaching effort in years while at the same time being his worst performance as a General Manager.
Bill the coach has taken a bunch of castoffs, third and fourth stringers and offensive players and created a defense that is in the middle of the pack in terms of points allowed, (yes, worst in the league in yards allowed, but yards don't win games, points do). We would all like to have the defense we had during the Super Bowl years and Bill has certainly made many drafting errors but, no other team in football has been able to remain at or near the top of their division for so long a period of time as have the Patriots. I guess Bill the GM has been doing a little bit right (notice for example how we have not really noticed the multiple changes in the offensive line- you know the guys who protect "The Franchise").
Having said all that... I think it will take a lot of smoke and mirrors for this team to go deep into the playoffs. Good offenses are going to eat them up.
Well, on to Denver to go up against the Mile High Miracle Maker. I expect I will need a big bottle of antacids for this one. Go Pats!

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #344
LooseCard
not wrapped too tight....

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
RyJ
LooseCard will become famous soon enough

I'm going to have to agree with you, that Playoffs are going to be tough.

It was a great game, with a lot of action. EVERY time the 'skins got a good pass through, it was because their guy was WIDE open.
It didn't seem like we were firing on all cylinders throughout the game, but just in sections.

They'll have to be doing a lot better this next game, or we're going to feel the hurt...

Also, I'm glad to se that Occho has come around. The first half of the season was scary...
And Gronk... He reached up and plucked that throw out of the air, I swear!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #345
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

I see a blowout in the making this week Denver should kill the Pats?
Tebow running the option,and passing in the zone behind the backers the safety's are so bad there is wide open space in front of them

Not only the D can't stop the pass it has gotten so bad they can't stop the run.

Ocho coming around your kidding,15 catches and he dropped to the ground when he caught a pass last week.

I was watching film of him and he is a freakin dog pulling a Moss can't get off the line and starts jogging when the play is still going on,that's why he is not playing?

BB would cut him in a heartbeat,but it would make him look so bad for signing him to big money.

Playoffs...this team will be one and done.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #346
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't say one and done, but I don't see them getting past two games sadly.

I work at Sports Authority and this 19 year old came in and bought a Ochocinco Jersey ($120!) and we talked about 'em a bit. He's completely positive that BB is "Saving him for the Playoffs. That he's purposely playing like **** so teams that are double teaming Welker or Gronk 'forget' about him." I'm not kidding lol.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #347
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

The Green Bay Packers are 13-0!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #348
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

First Name: Bob
fhrblig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
I see a blowout in the making this week Denver should kill the Pats?
Denver can't blowout anyone. Take it from a Broncos fan; they just don't play games that way. The day they can actually take a double-digit lead (even if it's 10 points) at the beginning of a game will be a very pleasant surprise.

The way they are winning, I'm either going to lose my voice or have a stroke (or both). Not that I'm complaining...
fhrblig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #349
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Whew, what a game. Pats offense was as expected ... 41 points! Defense was another story. I could not believe how bad they were in the first quarter...and I thought we had already seen the worst they could be. BUT they made some adjustments, changed from 4-3 to 3-4, altered some blocking schemes and suddenly got more agressive (it helped that the offense continued to score). Bottom line, a win and we're the AFC East Champs.
During a week in which Green Bay lost, Indy won and the Jets looked just awful, for the Patriots to make the necessary adjustments during the game and come back from a miserable first quarter to beat the mile high messiah was a very positive development indeed. Just goes to show that they're still one of the very elite teams in league- even with the awful defense. BTW, Andre Carter will be missed - big time.
Special kudos this week to Aaron Hernandez and Mark Anderson, both really stepped it up. Let's not forget Gisele's husband either - he's so good that we've come to expect this type of game from him. No doubt- we New England fans are spoiled.
Next up is Miami on Christmas Eve. I hope the Pats don't overlook the reinvigorated Dolphins. That whole team is playing for their jobs now and could be very dangerous.
In the meantime ... NE Fans - bask in the sunshine of another AFC East Championship.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #350
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Ocho Cinco TD!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #351
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Pretty late commenting on the Miami game, it's been busy. Let's just say I'm glad the offense changed over to a no-huddle for the second half and got on track. I did not recognize that team out there in the first half.
The good thing - We won and have a first round bye.
The bad - yikes - the first half!

I do not think there will be a lack of motivation for Buffalo this week after that early season loss, so... Pats should end up as #1 seed in AFC with home field until the Super Bowl. Just imagine, talking super bowl with the worst defense in the league . Maybe I'm delerious but ....

Old 01-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #352
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

AFC East Champs - check
First Round Bye - check
Home Field throughout playoffs - check

and along the way - the best record in the AFC. All with no defense!

Congrats Pats on a great season. Ask yourself, why do you watch football? If it is to see great offensive play, watch a future hall of fame QB in his prime, cheer for a never say die team, and cheer for a team good enough to have the best record in football in that past decade then you should be a Patriots fan, like me.

Now still on the checklist:
win AFC championship _____
win Super Bowl ____

It should be fun to watch.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #353
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ

I'm a Pats fan, but you know what the Pats have not beaten a team with a winning record
The playoffs are a whole different animal they will be one and done unless they get the Bangles first game?
The Pats get behind early like the last few weeks they will get blown out?
I hope not just being realistic.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #354
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Didn't play this week and still lots of news. In the "who woulda thunk it" catagory...we are going to play Tim Tebow and the Broncos AGAIN. Oh, and to make it more interesting we'll have Josh McDaniels on the sideline. You know, Hollywood writers wouldn't dare write this stuff - too implausible.
Here are my concerns:
* We won the first game primarily because of turnovers, I'm not so sure we can depend on them for this next one.
* Tebow listened to Elway and actually pulled the trigger a number of times vs. the Steelers - I know only 50% or so completions... but -well you know- Wow! If he throws deep like that against our secondary - bad news.
* Then there is this whole what I call "player perception" thing. Let me explain. I really believe that once a team has decisively beaten someone during a season that they come out flat for their second meeting. Witness the Patriots against the Jets last year. No matter how much the coaches drill them or the players themselves say what a great team the opponent is, deep down in their subconscious they feel that they are better and just don't play as hard. This also happens with teams that they ave not yet played, but just feel they are better than - witness the first Buffalo game this year or the deficits they have allowed themselves to get into the last three games. Short version: I'm real concerned about the Patriots coming out flat.
At any rate, we are about to be sujected to another week of Tebow hype. Bottom line is that we should beat these guys easily, but then again Pittsburgh should have too.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #355
Resipsa

You're gonna get teeeboooowwweeeeddddddd.........
Old 01-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #356
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
I'm a Pats fan, but you know what the Pats have not beaten a team with a winning record
The playoffs are a whole different animal they will be one and done unless they get the Bangles first game?
The Pats get behind early like the last few weeks they will get blown out?
I hope not just being realistic.
No more Brady-Moss; on the scoreboard in 2 minutes. I agree, we need points early. 1st half has to be a success for both offense and defense.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #357
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
You're gonna get teeeboooowwweeeeddddddd.........
Better than getting Polian......ed

Old 01-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #358
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

My buddy just called with an extra ticket to tomorrows game...Yep I'm going... gonna be cold , but should be fun.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #359
Resipsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTDragon View Post
Better than getting Polian......ed
Couple of years from themPatsmwill be getting F(L)ucked on national tv by the Colts while Brady sits home drinking his Geritol,,
Old 01-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #360
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road

There's a lot to love about this time of year!! I always worry about the Pats after a bye week in the playoffs. Most people say "gets the players the rest to recover", I say that it slows the momentum that they had. We haven't had some greats starts lately. I know that they have said that Brady's left arm is hurt, but ever since the Chargers game his right arm hasn't been well either in my opinion. I think that he injured it when he got tackled in that game and has been playing hurt.
Got offered tickets from my ex-boss but the wife has no job right now so from the couch I will be watching.
Hope everyone enjoys the game and I just heard that the first 20,000 people into the stadium get hand warmers!!!