Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2023, 03:45 AM   #4301
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's looking like we'll have another nice February day here in the Hudson Valley and then a rain shower or two Thursday into Friday according to NOAA:

Today - Sunny, with a high near 51. Wind chill values between 25 and 35 early. Northwest wind 8 to 17 mph.
Tonight - Increasing clouds, with a low around 36. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph after midnight.
Wednesday - Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a south wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph.
Wednesday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. West wind 7 to 14 mph.
Thursday - A slight chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Thursday Night - Showers. Steady temperature around 57. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Friday - A chance of rain showers, mixing with snow after 10am, then gradually ending. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Friday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Blustery.
Saturday - Sunny, with a high near 41.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5#.Y-tkVx1Omi4

Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 02-15-2023, 04:00 AM   #4302
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day" already. Beth and I had a relaxing Valentine's dinner at home where she made one of my favorite Hungarian dishes: Hungarian Layered Potatoes casserole - Rakott Krumpli https://budapestcookingclass.com/hun...tt-krumpli-2/#. She also made a Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting in the shape of a big heart. All was very delicious and mouth watering. I hope you all have a great day and enjoy......
Old 02-16-2023, 03:54 AM   #4303
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. NASCAR had it's qualifying last night for Sunday's Daytona 500. The Front Row is set and the rest of the field will be set after tonights Duel Races starting at 1900 (7 PM) on FS1:

https://www.nascar.com/weekend-sched...500-speedweeks

We'll be watching it while enjoying top shelf cigars and all. Enjoy your day everyone and we hope to see a number of the local S/BOTL tonight..... 🏁
Old 02-17-2023, 04:11 AM   #4304
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night as the place was packed and hopping. Beth and I are getting ready for the first weekend for NASCAR this season: Chinese takeout tonight for the Craftsman Truck Series race; chicken on the grill for tomorrow's Xfinity Series race; low and slow ribs on the grill for the Cup Series race on Sunday - the Daytona 500. They'll be plenty of cigars smoked this weekend along with cold beers and adult beverages. I hope you all have a great President's Day weekend and enjoy...... 🇺🇸
Old 02-21-2023, 03:57 AM   #4305
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Tuesday after a great President's Day weekend. Beth and I had a great weekend overall: we watched a lot of NASCAR each day (Friday night, Saturday & Sunday); spent Saturday morning with the fellas at Aroma; Sunday before the Daytona 500, I raked the back yard up to and made it look nice and tidy; yesterday, we sat out at the fire pit and relaxed where I enjoyed two nice cigars with a few years of age on them. It's looking like we'll have a wet week here in the Hudson Valley according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5#.Y_SiyB1Omi4

Enjoy your week everyone and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 02-22-2023, 03:47 AM   #4306
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day" already. Three weeks from today, eight of us are flying down to West Palm Beach to relax, see a number of our ole' friends and attend The Great Smoke 2023:
The Great Smoke 2023 Schedule

THURSDAY NIGHT EVENT – @Smoke Inn Boynton Beach – With Jonathan Drew of Drew Estate!
FRIDAY NIGHT EVENT –@Smoke Inn Boynton Beach – With host Steve Saka of DT&T
SATURDAY MORNING TAILGATE PARTY @ FAIRGROUNDS – NEW!!!!! FREE EVENT!!!! – FIRST 100 ATTENDEES RECEIVE A FREE Ruffians TGS Exclusive Cigar • Hosted by Distinguished Ruffians – 10am – 12:30 Special Guest Erik Espinosa – Espinosa Cigars BEER, Dj, & Donuts! Cigar Parkwill be introducing their Vintage Airstream Mobile Cigar Lounge available throughout South Florida
SATURDAY NIGHT EVENT –@Smoke Inn Boynton Beach – Matt Booth Room of Room 101 Cigars!

https://www.thegreatsmoke.com/

Enjoy your day all and definitely let us know if you are attending this year's Great Smoke.......
Old 02-23-2023, 03:35 AM   #4307
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening. Not much going on today at West Point except the day to day operations and a couple of meeting as well. Enjoy everyone and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 02-24-2023, 04:00 AM   #4308
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night as there were a few faces we haven't seen since the holidays. It's looking like it'll be on the cool side this weekend with the winds picking up as well according to NOAA:

Today - Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 30 by 5pm. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. Breezy, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
Tonight - Mostly clear, with a low around 11. Wind chill values between 5 and 10. Northwest wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Saturday - A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Wind chill values between 10 and 20. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
Saturday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
Sunday - Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Light southwest wind increasing to 8 to 13 mph in the morning.
Sunday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 26.

We'll be watching the NASCAR races Saturday and Sunday afternoons from Fontana, CA as well as catching an NHL game live from Madison Square Garden. Enjoy your weekend all and hope you get to smoke a favorite or two or.......
Old 02-26-2023, 07:55 AM   #4309
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and it's a brisk Sunday morning here in the Hudson Valley. I see that the NY Rangers got beat yesterday 6 - 3 against the Washington Capitals. Hopefully they bounce back today with a "W" against the LA Kings at home starting at 1700 (5 PM). Also, yesterday's NASCAR race got postponed because of weather until this evening starting at 2000 (8PM) after the conclusion of today's Cup Race which starts at 1530 (3:30 PM). Have a great day everyone and enjoy.......
Old 02-27-2023, 03:50 AM   #4310
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's back to work Monday already. We had a great weekend overall: spent Saturday with the fellas at Aroma; went to dinner at our dear friends house that evening (Maggie, Eric and the three little kids - Eric was a West Point Cadet we sponsored who graduated in 2013 and is now a Major teaching at West Point); yesterday, we spent the afternoon with Kristen and Stephan at the Newburgh Brewery sipping on a couple beers and all (dear friends of ours that are getting married the 1st of October at the oldest winery in the US - I'm doing the officiating). Congrats to the NY Rangers for splitting this weekend with a loss and a win and a congrats as well to Kyle Busch for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race. I see that we will be getting around 7 inches of snow tonight here in the Hudson Valley, I can't wait until the Spring time is here again and warm weather is back. Anyway, enjoy your week all and be careful out there......
Old 03-01-2023, 03:33 AM   #4311
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's "Hump Day". We ended up with roughly 9" of snow yesterday and they never opened West Point so everyone that could telework did so. I actually went out to shovel the snow at 0530 and finished before the work day started. Went out one more time late in the afternoon after the snow ended to just clean up the drive and side walks and it only took a few minutes. According to NOAA, we are suppose to get another couple of inches of snow Friday afternoon. One good thing is that today and tomorrow, the temperatures are suppose to be in the 40 - 50 degrees range. Like I said on Monday, I can't wait until the Spring time is here. Enjoy everyone......
Old 03-02-2023, 04:01 AM   #4312
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. It is good to see that the NY Rangers won in overtime last night 3 - 2 over the Philadelphia Flyers in Philly. They'll be taking on the Ottawa Senators tonight home at the Madison Square Garden starting at 1900 (7 PM). Lets go fellas, you got this. Enjoy your day all and we hope to see a number of the local S/BOTL tonight......
Old 03-02-2023, 08:57 AM   #4313
HighSierraSmokin
Keep Smilin'

First Name: Matt
Montecristo
HighSierraSmokin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good Morning Stogieman!
Old 03-02-2023, 10:27 AM   #4314
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
It is good to see that the NY Rangers won in overtime last night 3 - 2 over the Philadelphia Flyers in Philly. They'll be taking on the Ottawa Senators tonight home at the Madison Square Garden starting at 1900 (7 PM). Lets go fellas, you got this.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tŭr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:00 AM   #4315
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, place was hoping' and top shelf cigars were enjoyed. Unfortunately, the NY Rangers lost last night with a not so good 3rd period. They were up 3 - 2 going into the 3rd period and lost 5 - 3 at the end. I know they can't win them all but come on fellas, you got this. This weekend, the NASCAR racers are in Las Vegas with racing tonight, tomorrow afternoon as well we Sunday. Weather wise, we have a storm headed our way late this afternoon with snow, sleet and rain throughout the evening into tomorrow afternoon:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...unit=0&dd=&bw=

Enjoy your weekend everyone and definitely be careful out there...... 🇺🇸
Old 03-05-2023, 08:41 AM   #4316
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the espresso coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have a sunny Sunday here in the Hudson Valley. I went to Aroma yesterday with the fellas during the day and came home to a Turkey dinner prepared by Beth. We got a free turkey (14 lbs.) after having enough points at Shoprite, perfect meal for a day like yesterday. Got leftovers for the upcoming week and I see a turkey sandwich or two as well. We'll be watching the NASCAR race this afternoon while enjoying a couple of cold ones. I hope you all have a great day as well and enjoy......
Old 03-05-2023, 09:10 AM   #4317
HighSierraSmokin
Keep Smilin'

First Name: Matt
Montecristo
HighSierraSmokin is on a distinguished road

Bahrain GP today as well.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:28 AM   #4318
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's back to work Monday already. We had a good day yesterday, fired up the barbecue and enjoyed a couple of cold ones while watching the NASCAR race. Congrats to William Byron for capturing the checkered flag in only the third race of the season. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a favorite or two throughout it.......
Old 03-07-2023, 03:55 AM   #4319
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we'll be having a sunny but breezy day here in the Hudson Valley:

Tuesday - Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Wind chill values between 20 and 30. Breezy, with a northwest wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph.
Tuesday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Wind chill values between 15 and 20. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5#.ZAcW-B1Omi4

Have a great Tuesday all and enjoy........
Old 03-08-2023, 03:51 AM   #4320
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Today is Tax day for Beth and I, we have an appointment at 0900 (9 AM) to get them done. Fingers crossed that we don't owe anything and hopefully we get a little back from both the State of New York and the Federal Government. The closer we are to the positive side with owing anything means that we didn't give our governments a tax free loan. Like I said before, "Fingers Crossed". Anyway, have a great day everyone and enjoy.......