Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally Getting A Cooler

I have two of those that I repurposed for overflow troop cigars.
They worked far better for holding humidity than the great big honkin marine igloo cooler I have, and I used very few beads.
We have 5 or 6 coolers, for some odd reason. Those cubes are the ones we use when we take a cooler anywhere. They've just been better all around for everything.
They're cheap, too.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Thanks all for the pointers. I really want the 150qt. that Amazon has for a great price but I'm suffering from proper storage area. My man-cave isn't properly climate controlled to hold a coolerdor which is necessitating the cooler going into a reach-in closet. Small footprint and tall is more preferable at this point than wide and low.

But I really do appreciate all the feedback.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #23
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Thanks all for the pointers. I really want the 150qt. that Amazon has for a great price but I'm suffering from proper storage area. My man-cave isn't properly climate controlled to hold a coolerdor which is necessitating the cooler going into a reach-in closet. Small footprint and tall is more preferable at this point than wide and low.

But I really do appreciate all the feedback.
Not sure what this has to do with anything. The advantage of a cooler is it works irregardless of external conditions.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #24
Dude Here
I'm the Dude...Man!

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
Dude Here will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Not sure what this has to do with anything. The advantage of a cooler is it works irregardless of external conditions.
I don't know about that. I know that I wouldn't want to leave my cooler of smokes in the garage during the heat of a Texas Summer. Any type of container left in a non climate controlled space is going to warm up/cool down inside, even one of those high dollar Yeti coolers.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #25
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

RA

The lanai that was closed in that i made my man cave into gets pretty warm during the summer. I'm able to leave the A/C off until it gets unbearable for me when I'm doin stuff in here. If I had to make sure this room stayed at around 70 all year, my power bill would be insane. It's already close to $450 a month from June - October.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #26
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

RA

Alrighty. Got the cooler. Where do y'all find those little fans? I've looked on Amazon but all of the battery powered fans have a battery life of only 55 hours.

That doesn't seem right. Help!

***EDIT*** Nevermind. I did some more reading and it was made apparent to me those Oust fans (FOUND EM!!) would just be waste of $.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #27
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Alrighty. Got the cooler. Where do y'all find those little fans? I've looked on Amazon but all of the battery powered fans have a battery life of only 55 hours.

That doesn't seem right. Help!

***EDIT*** Nevermind. I did some more reading and it was made apparent to me those Oust fans (FOUND EM!!) would just be waste of $.
I use an RV refrigerator fan (For Example). I get more like a month.

As an alternative you can run an electrical or USB cable through the drain plug and then seal the drain plug around the cable (putty or silicone sealant). I've done both.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #28
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

haha, I misread this, I thought it said "finally getting a little cooler" and I was thinking, "Ha, for me its finally getting
a little WARMER". Got a gift from my friends in LA and TX today in the form of a southerly flow, and I woke up at
24 degrees and just had lunch at 52.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #29
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

David I use the 150qt marine cooler and I don't notice a huge difference in humidity levels between the top and bottom. I use two, 1lb bags of Heartfelt beads, one on the bottom shelf and one on the top. I also have a digital hygrometer at the top and bottom of the cooler and while they are close to the beads they are not right next to them. I keep them calibrated and they are always within a percentage point of each other.
I know there are a lot more experienced people who say fans make a difference, but that's just what I've seen so far.
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #30
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

RA

So, um... yeah.

I'll be buying a 150.

By spacing out my stock so they aren't stacked so tightly they get limited air circulation, I filled this 70qt.

(((SIGH))) Wasted that money...