Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #41
Sam Leccia
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Sam
Trading: (0)
Navy (Served With Honor)
Sam Leccia is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good Weddind Day Stick?

First Congrats on your wedding, I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

As far as the cigar is concerned, I would recommend a Davidoff Culebra. While there are many unconfirmed stories on how the culebra came to be, I like the "wedding cigar" story the most. If your unaware of what a culebra is; it is 3 cigars twisted together.

After the ceremony, break it out, and hand one to your father, one to your wife's father (assuming they are still with us) and one for yourself and smoke them together. Even if they are not cigar smokers, they should consider engaging in this ritual as a moment for you 3 to bond and celebrate as well a way to share what you love with them.

that's my 2 cents anyway.
Sam Leccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #42
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Leccia View Post
First Congrats on your wedding, I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

As far as the cigar is concerned, I would recommend a Davidoff Culebra. While there are many unconfirmed stories on how the culebra came to be, I like the "wedding cigar" story the most. If your unaware of what a culebra is; it is 3 cigars twisted together.

After the ceremony, break it out, and hand one to your father, one to your wife's father (assuming they are still with us) and one for yourself and smoke them together. Even if they are not cigar smokers, they should consider engaging in this ritual as a moment for you 3 to bond and celebrate as well a way to share what you love with them.

that's my 2 cents anyway.
I like this idea, wish I thought of doing this at my wedding. I handed out Red Dot Cohibas at mine, didn't know much about them back then. I would deffinitley do it different now.

Brian,
I would say smoke something that you have had before and loved. I have had a few dissapointing "special" day smokes that I had built my hopes up to high for. I would rather smoke something I know is gonna be great!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #43
Doctorossi
Have My Own Room

Trading: (8)
Punch
Doctorossi will become famous soon enoughDoctorossi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Leccia View Post
After the ceremony, break it out, and hand one to your father, one to your wife's father (assuming they are still with us) and one for yourself and smoke them together.
And the wife and moms can sit and spin, Sam?!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #44
schollianmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
God Of Fire Carlito
This. or an Ave Maria Reconquista. cant explain why, but I really like this one.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #45
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

If I was doing my wedding day again(I was not smoking cigars at the time 8ish years ago), I'd get a few GREAT sticks and smoke throughout the night....

We had an indoor/outdoor wedding, where the bar was outside....so we spent the majority of time out there.... People were smoking like chimneys. Probably could have had 3 cigars without issue. Bride/wife was a bit irked that there was not more dancing(there was plenty, trust me, including dinner, toasts, bla..bla.bla)....but it was an EPIC event.

The only regret of that day..... I was not a cigar smoker...
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote