Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 11-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Xikar X8 Carbon Fiber Cutter

While I was very skeptical when I ordered this (I own two Palios and love them both...original Burlwood and a new Black). I also own a Xikar X1 (first cutter I ever bought). While not a big fan of the X1, I can tell you that the X8is a damn fine cutter for $24.99. Nice clean cut and extremely sharp. Sliced and diced a dog rocket to hell and back playing with the X8. It is a lot lighter than I anticipated and not as sturdy as a Palio...but this is one fine cutter boys. I am very pleased to have bought this and would recommend this to my friends.

Just my

Just a heads up...Xikar does not have a sheath for the X8 yet.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Xikar X8 Carbon Fiber Cutter

Nice review Mac!
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

Nice review Mac, you got a side shot?
bscottskangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscottskangum View Post
Nice review Mac, you got a side shot?
BRB...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
BRB...
Make me a bicycle clown!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

As requested...see, they have the same contour as the Palio (though not as curved).

Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
MarioF

that's a nice looking cutter and to be able to do 64's is pretty nice. Where did you get it?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Hmmmm this one looks good! Come X-mas I see a shiny X8 and the new V-cut in my future. Anyone know a site with a good price on the X-8 and V-cut from Xikar?
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Montecristo

If only somebody could make a cutter where it folds down to make a regular cigar stand...then you'd have something. Thanks Mac, you will have to let us know how it holds up over time....give it to TBone, see if he can break it
Old 11-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Bill and Mario...PMs sent!!! And Barry...I learned a long time ago...do not let Tbone touch your cutters!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
dwoodward

HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Bill and Mario...PMs sent!!! And Barry...I learned a long time ago...do not let Tbone touch your cutters!!
Send me a PM too.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Send me a PM too.
Done!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

This cutter cuts better than thier $70 cutter
Old 11-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #14
Nathan King

The ZX is nice as well, but the X8 is a better bang for the buck as the ZX is significantly more expensive.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

How much was it in genuine cf?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #16
Nathan King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
How much was it in genuine cf?
Xikar lists the genuine carbon fiber cutter at $99; however, it actually lists for between $75 and $85 most places. I got a really good deal on mine.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #17
dwoodward

HUpmann

Got both of mine yesterday. Checked the shipping online and it said it was delivered. So I ran out to the mailbox, who gets the mail on a Saturday anyway? Anyway, they both shipped super fast, shipped out next day, 2 days to get here. Got one for me and one for a Christmas Gift. I haven't cut a cigar yet with one but I can say that this being my first "quality" cutter, I am very impressed with the build quality, the blades are super sharp and I don't notice any gaps between them through the whole motion of a cut. Seems to be top notch.

Can't wait to use mine.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
tx_tuff

What abouyt it was "not as sturdy as a Palio"? Just wondering. I have seen more then one Pailo come apart when opening it up. I have the Xikar XV V-cutter and am looking forward to this one as well.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #19
dwoodward

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
What abouyt it was "not as sturdy as a Palio"? Just wondering. I have seen more then one Pailo come apart when opening it up. I have the Xikar XV V-cutter and am looking forward to this one as well.
I can't say the same since I don't own a Palio, but mine is pretty darn sturdy, I can't imagine the Palio is any sturdier... My Xikar seems solid as a rock.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #20
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

$15 delivered for the next 30 minutes on Cigarmonster
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote