Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-21-2015, 07:12 AM   #61
badbriar

Default Re: Boveda Packs Regeneration

Know that this is an older thread, but wanted to post an observation. I usually recharge my packs in a Tupperware with a water source, usually a saturated washcloth. Packs are positioned so they do not come in contact with the water source. Usually do 1 or 2 packs over a 2-3 week time. This method works well, but requires patience. Recently found that I let four packs get to near hockey puck state and started the recharging process. After 2 weeks, only two were anywhere near being rehumidified. Being the impatient sort, I decided to experiment with Scott's method and soaked them in water for 36hours. They were nice and juicy! Then I realized there was the issue of getting the outer paper to dry without drying out the entire packs, so they were placed outside overnight to dry in the humid Florida air. By morning, the packs were dry outside, but juicy inside! No discoloration or degradation of the outer wrapper at all - look like new! In all, a great way to do a quick-charge when needed. I would not do this as a matter of course, but only when needed in a short time period. Bovedas Rock!