Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Ok folks, who has lower back problems?

Doctor checked my MRI today, not as bad as I thought but not great, L4 and L5 are basically squashed, gonna get the Cortizone shot next week right next to the nerve that they are pushing on, give that a try before surgery. Anyone had that shot and did it work/help?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
goomer

Default Re: Ok folks, who has lower back problems?

I can't comment on the shot either way, but have you seen a chiropractor?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goomer View Post
I can't comment on the shot either way, but have you seen a chiropractor?
Yeah, helped a little but not great, have been living with this for about 5 yrs. and needed another option.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

I've got back problems that come and go. I'd definitely exhaust all other options before any needles or surgery. A single chiropractor may not do it, but don't give up. Try another. When my back first flared up, I was going to a chiropactor office with a brother/sister practice. 6 weeks of treatment with the brother netted little relief. One time with the sister and the pain started to subside. Little nuances in the treatment can yield big dividends.

I've seen too many people messed up with needles and surgery, even though at the time you're going through the pain, any option looks good.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Yes Here! I also would recommend any treatment before needles and surgery. I have had injections and was worse for it. I have had surgery and was worse for it.

I would strongly recommend the Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression. Do a Google search on this. Here is one link: Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression

I have had 2 fusions and cannot use this...but you might be a great candidate for this treatment.

I have subscribed to this thread and am interested in how you progress.

Good Luck and get well!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
Yes Here! I also would recommend any treatment before needles and surgery. I have had injections and was worse for it. I have had surgery and was worse for it.

I would strongly recommend the Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression. Do a Google search on this. Here is one link: Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression

I have had 2 fusions and cannot use this...but you might be a great candidate for this treatment.

I have subscribed to this thread and am interested in how you progress.

Good Luck and get well!
Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

You also may benifit from accupuncture Japanese style has been especially bennificial for my athletic related injuries to my wrist.
Posted via Mobile Device
LostAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Personally, I did the cortisol shot. It was a frikkin miracle. I went from not being able to move my left leg to walking, running, normal life.

It wasn't a permanent fix, but it bought me several years of freedom. I'd do the shot again in a minute if I needed to.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
Personally, I did the cortisol shot. It was a frikkin miracle. I went from not being able to move my left leg to walking, running, normal life.

It wasn't a permanent fix, but it bought me several years of freedom. I'd do the shot again in a minute if I needed to.
Thanks Scott
Old 12-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Hope you get the issue solved Mike. Back pain is a real b!tch.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Hope you get the issue solved Mike. Back pain is a real b!tch.
Thanks bud, it's making me feel old, gotta fix it!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #12
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Thanks bud, it's making me feel old, gotta fix it!
Just checked your age Mike...you are old. JK Really pulling for you to get fixed up and out of pain.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
Just checked your age Mike...you are old. JK Really pulling for you to get fixed up and out of pain.
ok....older
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #14
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

I have had back problems since 1979 but I've been able to manage the pain without surgery or injections.

As for Cortisone - yes I have had injections and honestly wish the stuff came in six packs.

I've had one injection in my right heel and two in my left heel (within a month of each other) back in 2001. No problems since.

I had an injection in my left hip last year about this time to take care of a problematic sciatic nerve. Two days after the injection I was bowling again.

And I'm hoping that they give me one on Friday to deal with my right elbow. Call it tennis elbow if you want but I'm calling it bowlers elbow.

I'd take a Cortisone shot any day over surgery.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD. View Post
I have had back problems since 1979 but I've been able to manage the pain without surgery or injections.

As for Cortisone - yes I have had injections and honestly wish the stuff came in six packs.

I've had one injection in my right heel and two in my left heel (within a month of each other) back in 2001. No problems since.

I had an injection in my left hip last year about this time to take care of a problematic sciatic nerve. Two days after the injection I was bowling again.

And I'm hoping that they give me one on Friday to deal with my right elbow. Call it tennis elbow if you want but I'm calling it bowlers elbow.

I'd take a Cortisone shot any day over surgery.

Ron
Elbows are next
Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #16
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Don't have lower back issues, Mike (knock on wood)...but I had cortizone shots in both my shoulders a couple weeks ago, and my quality of life is already much improved.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #17
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Don't have lower back issues, Mike (knock on wood)...but I had cortizone shots in both my shoulders a couple weeks ago, and my quality of life is already much improved.
Good to hear Tom, I am sure my back is from work and lifting heavy when I was younger, elbows are from lifting, knees are from age I had a Cortisone shot years ago in my wrist and never had another problem, hoping for the best.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #18
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I am hoping for the best for you too, Mike.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #19
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Seems a lot of "us" have lower back problems. I had lower pain months ago and then I got suspenders for work. Let me tell you, the weight taken off my back was a great relief. I no longer have a sore back. It may look funny but who cares as long as I'm happy.

I hope everything works out for you Mike. I can't imagine myself and the problems I may have in 20 years.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:45 AM   #20
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

I have had back problems for about the past 10 years...I have had the shots in the past and they work for the most part (just mask the actual problem) but havent had one recently. I was always told by my doctors that the day I cant get out of bed because the pain is so bad, is the day I get the surgery, although I am still young so it may depend on what the age of the person is that's having the problem. Anyway good luck brother, hope everything works out for you