Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #21
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any tractor owners?

And the lady who makes it all possible!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #22
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Yup, spent many a summer days on one just like that!
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:02 AM   #23
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

I grew up using a Farmall Cub on a small hobby farm of my father, purchased more for a place for my Grandmother to live than for farming. Several decades old when Dad purchased it. Served us well for a decade, then he sold it for more than he paid for it when he sold the farm.

I currently have a Kubota model L275 (1982 or 3?)I use for my small patch and for hunting club duties. 27.5 horsepower is plenty strong, especially coming from the three cylinder diesel! If you go with a diesel, spring for one with a pre-heater. Sure makes it easier to crank (I've never had to use the compression release with the pre-heater!). The one drawback to my particular tractor is that the previous owner used it mainly for yard duty, so it has turf tires that don't "bite" too well when I'm trying to disc or plow.

Wish it had a front loader bucket, but I really don't have the true need necessary to justify the added cost. 4WD is a definite positive if the tractor has a front loader. I've used a buddy's large John Deere with a bucket, field tires and 2WD; difficult to scoop up compacted dirt without spinning, even with field tires!

A good tractor is one that can take years of heavy use, and still keep running that's why there are still tons of old Ford 8N's still working out there. Don't get sucked into one of the cheap import knock-offs; they don't have proven staying power.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #24
BC-Axeman

Whatever I get, if I buy it from a dealer, it won't be in California. The sales tax is close to 10% here. For $1000-2000 I will drive for a day or two, or take delivery.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
BC-Axeman

Hmmm. Kioti is Korean but it seems to be a more respectable brand. This just showed up on CL.

CK20, only 22HP but way stronger FEL, BH and 3pt than the subcompacts with the same HP.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #26
RichardW
Committed

Trading: (10)
Partagas
RichardW is on a distinguished road

Not my tractor, but surely you guys might appreciate this --

not much response in the entertainment section

This is absolutely hysterical! I especially liked the solos the tractor took during the breaks. What wild abandon!

http://fschnell.net/WordPress/?p=1094
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #27
BC-Axeman

I seem to be going bigger already. If I can get them close to 20k I may just get this one.

It's a Kubota B7800. It comes with the trailer, box scraper, blade, mower and auger. 30 HP.