Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #61
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Let's see those '10 gardens

^ Gardens lookin great Jamie!

The rain down here has really been paying off. The tomato plants have gone ape sh*t and one is out growing his cage. Picked 6 blueberries this morning. Will take more photos soon.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #62
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Have some updated photos-

My tomato plants are pumping out little green guys and the one on the left is growing like a weed!

I was picking some blueberries and eating them right off the bush when I was cutting grass.... Later I noticed the dog taking a leak on them.

Some flowers...

My camera is about to take a dump so I think I may be camera shopping soon.
The screen is starting to show lines across it and some are showing up in pictures.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #63
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa and I got the whole garden in last week. All our seeds are up, everything is doing great. I got pics for ya Hal, they're at home and I'm in Ohio. I'll get some up as soon as I possibly can.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #64
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Lisa and I got the whole garden in last week. All our seeds are up, everything is doing great. I got pics for ya Hal, they're at home and I'm in Ohio. I'll get some up as soon as I possibly can.
Looking forward to seeing them Scott!
Old 06-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #65
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

I generally just lurk on this thread, but wanted to post to say I'm enjoying the pictures and discussion.

In AZ, the concept of a garden is a bit different than in other places... something I wouldn't mind looking into if I created the time to do it.
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #66
BC-Axeman

Frikken deer necessitate more fence to close off the yard. This is almost done.

And here's how much was done this morning, more is done now.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #67
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Lance- Putting up all that fence does not look like fun. You guys must have a serious deer population.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 AM   #68
BC-Axeman

A single deer can do serious damage to a garden in one night. A few deer in repeated attacks can make it impossible to grow most things. Add the gophers and you see why I am going to the barriers. They only have to be built once. I am adding to the fence that my neighbors built to keep the deer out of their yard. Before, I had a fence only around the garden and the grapes. Once this is finished the whole yard will be closed in.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #69
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
A single deer can do serious damage to a garden in one night. A few deer in repeated attacks can make it impossible to grow most things. Add the gophers and you see why I am going to the barriers. They only have to be built once. I am adding to the fence that my neighbors built to keep the deer out of their yard. Before, I had a fence only around the garden and the grapes. Once this is finished the whole yard will be closed in.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #70
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
Frikken deer necessitate more fence to close off the yard. This is almost done.
was done this morning, more is done now.
If you having deer problems..... I have solutions..... then you will have meat to eat with your veggies.
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #71
BC-Axeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
If you having deer problems..... I have solutions..... then you will have meat to eat with your veggies.
I love deer.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #72
BC-Axeman

Got planted:

Artichokes
Beets
Curly Endive
Celery
Red & Yellow Onions
Leeks
Sugar Snap Peas
Pole Greenbeans
Pumpkin
Cantaloupe
Honeydew Mellon
Watermellon
Regular & Lemon Cucumbers
Zucchini, Crooked Neck, & Sunburst Squash
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Corn
Lettuce
Radish
Carrot seeds from last year that haven't sprouted yet. Maybe they will.

Other places in the yard are grapes, oregano, sage, rosemary, chives, dill, strawberries, mint and fruit trees that feed the birds. We almost never get the fruit, what there is of it.
Next year I think I'll start a couple of beehives so I can get some fruit from the trees.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #73
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I got the very last of my plants planted today. Lisa's son Cole planted vincas in my hanging baskets out front.
I need to thin out the corn and get Hal some video, and all will be right in the world.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #74
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough

All of my 30 or so black bean plants produced off real quick. I pulled them all out of the ground and me and the future wifey shucked beans. We got a heaping bowl full.
Have raided the green beens three times. Ate a bunch, froze sum, and gave sum away. Still got more comming.
The Okra isn't doing as well as planned. Alot of plants didn't come up. But got enough to fry up a meal or two with.
The cucumbers are overtaking my garden. They are stretched out to about 10' plus. I have gotten about a half dozen so far. Got a pile of blooms and now they have room to roam now that the black beans are out of thier way. Next year I have a better plan on them to run them away from the garden.
I have gotten 3 or 4 bell peppers. And two handfuls of banana peppers that im going to put into a bacon cheeseburger fatty like "Mr B" did.

This is already a hott summer here in the deep south of MS and the garden is trying to cope with the heat. I am watering it in the late evening to make sure they don't dry out.
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #75
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
I got the very last of my plants planted today. Lisa's son Cole planted vincas in my hanging baskets out front.
I need to thin out the corn and get Hal some video, and all wibe right in the world.
You know I'm just bustin your nuts Scott. No rush.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #76
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
You know I'm just bustin your nuts Scott. No rush.
I know, it's fun though.
The whole garden is floating right now. Lake Shilala is back, it stormed all night and I live in flood land.
I wanted to get in there and get the corn thinned out today. If I do, it'll be a miracle.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #77
BC-Axeman

Frost! Frost! It's mid June and it's in the upper 30s and there's frost on my rooftops!
The latest frost I can remember was the last day of May about five years ago.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #78
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
I have gotten 3 or 4 bell peppers. And two handfuls of banana peppers that im going to put into a bacon cheeseburger fatty like "Mr B" did.

Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #79
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I rushed this garden video into production because Halitosis was busting my balls.
You can watch it in HD and it ain't too awful.
Don't make fun of me because my garden is so far behind, we can't usually plant till the tenth of June. I got stuff in the last week of May, which is more than two weeks before we can usually plant.
The moon was right this year, so I could plant early. If the full moon is going to be after the tenth of June, it won't frost here. Before the tenth, it will on a clear night, and it never fails to wreck everyone's gardens. So I just checked the full moon at the end of May, and checked that against the extended weather report, and voila. Super early garden.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #80
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
I rushed this garden video into production because Halitosis was busting my balls.
You can watch it in HD and it ain't too awful.
Don't make fun of me because my garden is so far behind, we can't usually plant till the tenth of June. I got stuff in the last week of May, which is more than two weeks before we can usually plant.
The moon was right this year, so I could plant early. If the full moon is going to be after the tenth of June, it won't frost here. Before the tenth, it will on a clear night, and it never fails to wreck everyone's gardens. So I just checked the full moon at the end of May, and checked that against the extended weather report, and voila. Super early garden.
EXCELLENT video Scott! Made me laugh out loud when you got to the basil

I finally got a new camera. I may have to attempt one of these videos.