Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default El Original maduro corona

El Original is the award winning houseblend of the Island Smoke shop on Key Largo, Florida. I visited the shop on several occasions and I reviewed the El Original maduro lancero and the El Original claro lancero in the past. On my last trip to Florida I bought another box of the claro lancero but I also bought a sampler with a few other sizes, all rolled in the USA.

The El Original Maduro corona measures 5½x44 and has a spotty, dry and dark wrapper with quite some veins. The cigar has a strong barnyard smell and a good construction. The predraw is fine and I taste spicy tobacco.

I taste sweet pepper with a hint of dark chocolate and some coffee. After those first flavors I taste some oak with herbs. The flavors are quite dry.

After an inch I taste a lot of herbs with some wood as supporting flavor. Halfway I taste wood with herbs, full but smooth and very pleasant. After two thirds I still taste the wood and herbs but now with some nuts.

This cigar lasted me for an hour. I got a lot of thick gray smoke. The ash is white colored and firm. This cigar has a good burn and draw. The flavors are full and the body is medium to full.

Would I buy this cigar again? Next time I'm in Florida I have to stock up

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: El Original maduro corona

This was the cigar that I first started understanding the different "flavors" of cigars. I got married down the street from the shop and stocked up while I was there.
It is one of my favorite cigars. If not the centimental, but I thank that cigar for starting to actually understand the profiles of different cigars.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Scott (Shilala) gifted me a few of these last year. They are even yummier with some age on them.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I need to make a trip to the Keys, maybe after EPIC!!!