Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
GHammer

Default Acid Kong Cameroon

Alrighty, picked one of these up the other day, been wanting to try the Kong for a while. Its a fat boy, it tapers down at the foot to 62! Looks great, smells great, haven't been disappointed by an Acid stick yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (45.3 KB, 347 views)
Old 07-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
GHammer

Default Re: Acid Kong Cameroon

Took a little bit to light up, but its going. Burning a little uneven, but I probably could have done a better job getting it started. Tastes good so far, floral, sweet and a little funky. Nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (45.3 KB, 315 views)
Old 07-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
mariogolbee

Rock that Kong, GHammer!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
GHammer

Well, that was one tasty bastard. I would have taken another pic, but my phone didn't want to take any more pics for some reason. I know this sounds odd, but about halfway through I found the taste reminded me of italian herbs, kind of like in an herb-heavy sausage. In a good way. The whole thing had a sweet, perfumey, woody flavor that I really enjoyed; the last 3rd lost a lot of the aromatic quality, and was replaced by a tobacco-wood taste. All in all, I really enjoyed it, and will buy more again. I got this single in a smoke shop for 6.75, which is pretty good considering the online price is usually around 7.50-8.00 bucks a stick.
Thanks for reading y'all!