Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default help with A&P homework

So my roommate has a take home quiz and there is a question that she cannot find ANYWHERE in her book or online and is extremely worked up ATM please for the love of god help her! if not for her for me!!!!

This is the question word for word and is worth half her take home quiz.

4) Nervous System Case Study: Parents of a one year old notice that their daughter is constantly twitching, particularly around her face. They are concerned because their child seems to have trouble standing and seems to be overly clumsy, has underdeveloped muscles in her legs, and is not yet talking in any form. One day the little girl goes into seizures and the concerned parents take her to the doctor.

- What possible disease/condition does the patient have?

- What are the most common signs/symptoms of this condition?

- What is the current treatment of this condition?

- Specifically, what regions of the brain relate to the major symptoms of this condition?

thanks in advance for any help with this!
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: help with A&P homework

I'll see what I might be able to figure out later tonight if I get a few minutes.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

So between 2 nurses, a mom who is an occupational therapist, and a biology minor and a soon to be doctor, Cerabel Palsy seems to be the common answer between everyone. Thanks everyone for your help, very much appreciated (now i don't have a grumpy roommate running around everywhere) She also thanks everyone btw!
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Sounds about right. I'm too deep into cardiac disorders right now while sulking from a purdue loss to look into it just yet.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

My wife saw this and thinks some sort of hypoxic event had to happen for her to have cerebral palsy. Could have happened during pregnancy or after she was born. She is thinking a brain tumor.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
My wife saw this and thinks some sort of hypoxic event had to happen for her to have cerebral palsy. Could have happened during pregnancy or after she was born. She is thinking a brain tumor.
Hypoxia is a very rare cause of CP and would typically result in much more rapid onset immediately following birth than showing these signs at a year of age. Higher risk factors are premature births and defects in the brain during development in the womb.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
amsgpwarrior
amsgpwarrior

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
amsgpwarrior is on a distinguished road

I'm a nurse and from what it seems like to me I am pretty sure it's CP. Almost certain. Almost reads word for word the symptoms of CP. Good luck!
amsgpwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #8
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsgpwarrior View Post
I'm a nurse and from what it seems like to me I am pretty sure it's CP. Almost certain. Almost reads word for word the symptoms of CP. Good luck!
Is that you Focker??? j/k

I'm a nursing student myself-just started in an accelerated BSN program in January. My pathophysiology class will be the death of me.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
amsgpwarrior
amsgpwarrior

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
amsgpwarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Is that you Focker??? j/k

I'm a nursing student myself-just started in an accelerated BSN program in January. My pathophysiology class will be the death of me.
Yep that's me aka Murse! Haha,...good luck with school, nursing school was the hardest thing I ever did in my life, never slept hardly, super stressed out, and worked the whole way through. I have know idea how I ever made it through. Lot's of booze I guess. It's all worth it now though, especially in this economy.
amsgpwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote