Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #21
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: The Photochop practice and advice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I'm well aware of that, hence why they can then PM the chopper and ask that the photo be taken down or hit the report post button, or quit acting like a whinny little schoolgirl.

You guys are creating a mountain out of a molehill and in the process, you're asking the admins to be your police or daycare supervisors. I think they have better things to do than that.
No, we aren't.

And after the horse is out of the barn, some of those images that have been removed after the fact have shown up at a later date. For some, that isn't a problem, but for those that have been chopped in an inappropriate or offensive fashion, it may matter. Personally or professionally. That may be what you are missing, without trying to insult your intelligence, sir.

I believe that adhering to a standard that anything on this board could be looked at by a tween (picture your child looking over your shoulder, or someone esles, for that matter) is one that is not difficult.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #22
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
And after the horse is out of the barn, some of those images that have been removed after the fact have shown up at a later date. For some, that isn't a problem, but for those that have been chopped in an inappropriate or offensive fashion, it may matter. Personally or professionally. That may be what you are missing, without trying to insult your intelligence, sir.
I'm fully aware of that possibilty, just not really concerned with it because the people who would ask permission beforehand aren't the ones who you need to worry about doing something like that. Those that would, will do regardless. And most photochops are so laughably pathetic that anyone who could have their repuation damaged by them has bigger issues to worry about than a measly photoshop.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #23
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Yupper

I would love to say that everyone here loves everyone else but some personalities clash. I fully agree with it being "Just in good fun" but like I said, some are more sensitive than others as such some have different opinions of what is funny or rude.

The ToE don't have to do anything...Choppers should just understand a rule of courtesy, as some don't like being chopped.
And there are some that do not want certain others to use them in a chop, where there are others that they may allow to use them in a chop, mostly due to past history.

And that's the key here...courtesy. It's been lacking at times in the past, and gotten people in trouble.

I have a fairly relaxed sense of humor, so in many instances, I'd be OK with being chopped (specifically for a contest), but not in all of them. Just my

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I'm fully aware of that possibilty, just not really concerned with it because the people who would ask permission beforehand aren't the ones who you need to worry about doing something like that. Those that would, will do regardless. And most photochops are so laughably pathetic that anyone who could have their repuation damaged by them has bigger issues to worry about than a measly photoshop.
As Pete said, it's the offensiveness/inappropriateness that is the issue. If there is someone who does a chop that is offensive/inappropriate, it shouldn't be posted on the open board without permission to begin with, though I don't understand why they would want to do one in that manner, to begin with (for their own use only). It's not quite as much the damage to their reputation, but the poor taste in which it may be done. I've seen it before here.

Last edited by Wanger; 04-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #24
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

What if there was an opt out thread. Anyone who posts in the opt out thread can not have their image used in any of the photo chops. This would either have to be all in, or all out. Someone couldn't say "it's ok if Poon uses my image but Quan can't"
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #25
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Let's just ban the use of images at CA. No avatars, no personal pics, no nothing. That'd solve that world problem and then we can move on to other world problems like fonts that people don't like.

Here I thought that I'd try to do something to help bring up the skill level of interested people on the board and it turns into a thread about how we don't have enough rules (because "report a post" is clearly insufficient).

Close the thread please.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #26
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Agreed that some people are MUCH more sensitive than others. I myself don't care what type of picture you chop me into, I have a good sense of humor and am not easily offended so I know its all in good fun by my CA fam

However I know there are some who do not find their image being used amusing, its just different perspectives. Some would even be offended by their face being put on a cat's body. People just have different levels of skin thickness

I for one think people just need to chill out and relax and have a good time.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #27
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Close the thread please.
Done bro. Hopefully everyone can remember what CA is all about. Its about family and community. Have a good time and enjoy life.
Closed Thread