First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
I'll be rootin for A&M
Gig`Em.

I am hoping that my Ags can show some fight and not get too torn up this year. I am not a fan of the move to the SEC, but it is an exciting time to be a fan. New AD, new coach, and new conference.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #622
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Jeff, do you have reasons you would share about why the move is not good for you?
I am excited about the expansion and the hand grenade it throws into the leagues and
what is coming with the Big 12, etc. I am more excited about the Aggies than the Tigers,
but I will learn to love em like I do Vandy. I agree it's a great time to be a fan, SEC or AGgie
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #623
Jefft72
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road

The move itself is interesting and really shakes things up. I am excited about the new rivalries that form and especially seeing how the new playoff system works out in a couple of years. The only real downside to the move is that we are leaving some long standing rivalries and traditions in the Big12.

I do believe that the move is great for the school from both national exposure and financial aspects, which who can argue with either of those. We will form new rivalries and new traditions. I am all in, and I am ready for football season to start.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #624
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I guess I forgot about that part. When I was a kid I never thought for a minute that LSU would ever NOT play Tulane
in a football year. Unthinkable. Today it's not only THINKable, it's almost forgotten that they ever played. But you
actually stand to win as a fan. Those games just became extremely important to those 'left behind'. For every one
that gets played going forward, you should see extra fervor, money, publicity and meaning. Choosing non-
conference is now a LOT harder, too. You want to keep old traditions alive, but playing someone too tough hurts
you when you already play 8 tough SEC games. It takes some getting used to. I like the way LSU was doing it
for many years, taking on tough Non-conference opponents to polish their possible credentials should they be
in the hunt at the end of the season. THIS YEAR it does not look like they have scheduled anyone that tough
out of conference. Shame, since it looks like they "COULD - GO - ALL - THE - WAY...
Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #625
OLS
Suck It

Lord, Michael, I just checked the schedule to find out who our ONE 'tough' out of conference opponent was
(Washington) and I saw that we have to go into the swamp this year....I call it a dangerous toss-up. Talk
about a season-wrecker for LSU and a season cementer for the Gators depending on how it goes.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #626
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I guess I forgot about that part. When I was a kid I never thought for a minute that LSU would ever NOT play Tulane
in a football year. Unthinkable. Today it's not only THINKable, it's almost forgotten that they ever played. But you
actually stand to win as a fan. Those games just became extremely important to those 'left behind'. For every one
that gets played going forward, you should see extra fervor, money, publicity and meaning. Choosing non-
conference is now a LOT harder, too. You want to keep old traditions alive, but playing someone too tough hurts
you when you already play 8 tough SEC games. It takes some getting used to. I like the way LSU was doing it
for many years, taking on tough Non-conference opponents to polish their possible credentials should they be
in the hunt at the end of the season. THIS YEAR it does not look like they have scheduled anyone that tough
out of conference. Shame, since it looks like they "COULD - GO - ALL - THE - WAY...
Didn't You Think That Last Year, Brad?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #627
OLS
Suck It

You need to learn to delete quoted portions, Greg, lol...Do you mean did I think they could go all the way last year?
Of course I did. And they WOULD have, too, if somehow Bama had not been allowed to lose their division,
conference and head to head matchup and still end up in the CG....But I just say that for stats. You know how
I feel about them being in that game. I didn't like it, but I knew it was the only fair matchup. Then of course
it was made clear that they were the better team on that night. So yeah, I did say that last year. It's like Mike
says, its all part of being a fan and having expectations. Or I think he said Faith and Bravado...
Old 07-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #628
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Lord, Michael, I just checked the schedule to find out who our ONE 'tough' out of conference opponent was
(Washington) and I saw that we have to go into the swamp this year....I call it a dangerous toss-up. Talk
about a season-wrecker for LSU and a season cementer for the Gators depending on how it goes.
I agree with ya on that one, it'll be an interesting game. Muschamp needs a couple big wins this year to stay outta the hot seat next year, he needs to beat at least one and hopefully at least two of our matchups with LSU, FSU & UGA
Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #629
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I'm Too Old For "Hi Tech", Brad! Looks Like LSU Is In The Driver's Seat Pre- Season. Is Your New Quarterback As Good As They Say?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #630
OLS
Suck It

He must be good enough to drive that other prospect to Notre Dame....wasn't it Notre Dame?? Gunner Kiel??
I know that few people follow the ins and outs of LSU football. I think we have two hot shots instead of one
idiot and one imperfect winner.

The team I am worried about is FLA after SEC Media Days. How did Muschamp's comment about hoping
to have a QB by the opener go over in FL? Scared me and I am not a fan, lol. One thing I DO KNOW Greg is that
the LSU coaches have proven several times they can take great talent and lose with it, so we'll see. But as you
know, I am boycotting the NFL, so LSU IS my football in 2012, so its on, babay. But any QB is better than what we
strapped ourselves to last year.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #631
OLS
Suck It

Add to that all the boy has to do is be competent, capable of throwing a decent forward pass, and check out
of trouble and I think it's at LEAST a step UP. With the talent LSU has this year, that's all we need, right?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #632
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Add to that all the boy has to do is be competent, capable of throwing a decent forward pass, and check out
of trouble and I think it's at LEAST a step UP. With the talent LSU has this year, that's all we need, right?
I Think The Game On 11/03/12 In Baton Rouge Should Be "Very Interesting" To Both Of Us, Brother!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #633
OLS
Suck It

Yes Greg, I look forward to saying completely irrational things for 3 months straight,
but mostly I look forward to topping this thread to show off my new avatar.
Only football makes me care enough to have a killer season-avatar...seems like any
other time it's best for the new kids if we keep the same avatar so they'll know who
the hell is who. But during SEC time, it's time to hope and compel and root and boast
and enjoy. And I have Stephen on my ignore list, lol......................hater.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #634
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Yes Greg, I look forward to saying completely irrational things for 3 months straight,
but mostly I look forward to topping this thread to show off my new avatar.
Only football makes me care enough to have a killer season-avatar...seems like any
other time it's best for the new kids if we keep the same avatar so they'll know who
the hell is who. But during SEC time, it's time to hope and compel and root and boast
and enjoy. And I have Stephen on my ignore list, lol......................hater.
Brad: My Best Friends Are Tennessee, Auburn, & LSU Fans, So I'm "Used" To It! Bring It On, Brother!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #635
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Let's go Gamecocks!!!!
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #636
OLS
Suck It

We get to see what Spurrier's got now. He's gonna write his legacy with this squad.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #637
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
We get to see what Spurrier's got now. He's gonna write his legacy with this squad.
Not so fast my friend.

His legacy is already written. He's a championship coach who changed the SEC and thus college football forever with his offensive style. AKA his legacy is firmly established as the coach who made his alma mater a 5 star program and a national powerhouse. Secondly, as he's said countless times, he'll always be a Florida Gator first.

Remember, I'm graduating from Clemson for my MA within a week and have gotten into countless verbal altercations that nearly ended up in bar-fights defending Spurrier.

I believe you are getting at what his legacy will be at South Carolina
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #638
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Bwahahaha
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #639
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Bwahahaha
One less Honey Badger makes me laugh, too, Ritchie!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #640
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/11/sp...?smid=fb-share

Drugs again, maybe??