Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
ysr_racer

Default OK, this is REALLY my last Alaska post, I swear :)

I shot pretty poorly on Saturday (68) and backed it up with an equally poor 68 on Sunday. The course was fun, the tournament - outstanding, my shooting - lacking. I was feeling pretty dejected on Sunday night, (but alcohol helped).

Monday morning (even though Grouse Ridge was closed) I had a chance to reshoot the whole course. It helps being friends with the range owner, and the general manager (Thanks Arlene and Glenn).

Four of us had the whole place to ourselves. That in itself is a pretty amazing experience. Yesterday, without the tournament going on I was able to crush most of the targets that eluded me the day before. It turns out that if I have a plan, and really look at the birds, I can break them. Who knew

Afterwards I drove up and over Hatcher Pass, Where I again had the whole place to myself. After that I went to Talkeetna for lunch, but there were too many tourists and too many hippies, so I left.

People ask me why I love Alaska so much. Is it the fishing, is it the natural beauty, is it the amazing sporting clays course, sure it's all those, but mostly it's the people (and maybe a little bit of when I go off on a ultra right-wing conservative tirade, nobody looks at me funny).

Glenn Hodge - The man, the myth, the legend

What we lacked in shooting skills, we made up for in good looks

This is the future of our sport. The camaraderie shown by these shooters was nothing less than amazing. There is hope for mankind (at least in Alaska)

Ninja in the FITASC shoot-off