Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about
Default Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon

Just a quick review of this guy, and no pictures, sorry fellas.

Headed down to the B&M today with some friends and decided to try this stick after getting an email about it.

Cigar looked great, couple small veins, nice classy band, but it was very firm which may be what caused the issue I had with it. Made my first cut, which was rather conservative, gave it a test draw and hardly got anything. Was like sucking through a stir stick. Made another large cut and there was no difference. This kinda set a bad mood for the rest of the cigar but I thought maybe it would open up with heat.
Cigar was pretty consistent throughout, full smoke, no bite even on retrohale, and a semi sweetness to it, like a deep deep carmel. Burned for about an hour and 15 minutes before I let it go out with an inch and a half left.
The one issue with the cigar, that stayed the entire time, was the draw, never opened up, which led to a semi unpleasant smoke. Also, the ash was very loose and fell every half inch or so.

Overall I liked the flavor, but the draw really threw me off the entire cigar. Left me wishing I had picked up a 8-5-8 like I recommended to my buddy who smoked with me.
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote