Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 AM   #321
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes this morning the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. Just wanted to check in and say that we'll be out of here in a little bit headin' to the airport. I'll be checkin' in when I get a chance and let you all know how things are going. If for some reason I can't log on where I am, I'll be back on Tuesday evening when we get home. Enjoy the rest of this week and enjoy.......

Oh yeah, the Yankees won yesterday 3 - 2!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:13 AM   #322
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, we are back home in NY and I slept in one more time on my final day of vacation. Orlando / Disney was a great place to relax for 6 days and I have a good feeling that we'll be heading down there next year again. We had a good flight home yesterday with hardly no delays in the airport. It's nice to be home and about to get back to the normal day to day routine up here at West Point. Army takes on Tulane this Saturday and it should be a packed stadium as it's the annual home coming game as well. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.......

Oh yeah, the Killer Beans coffee is on!!!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:14 AM   #323
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, it's back to work and it will be nice to see the ole' crew in the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) http://www.usma.edu/Garrison/sites/d...ates/dptms.asp. I'm sure today will be a busy one catching up on a weeks worth of emails, phone messages and such. Also being that it's Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and exchanging the weeks happenings. If you're close by and have the time, stop by and join in on the fun. If not, I hope you have a great time as well, enjoy.......
Old 10-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #324
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on. Well, as predicted, yesterday was a big catch up day in preperation of tomorrow's Army vs. Tulane football game. Last night was another good one at Schlesinger's with a full house of S/BOTL enjoying top knotch ceegars. It was good to see Israel (uptown_isy) and one of his regulars "Joe" along with the Thursday night crowd hanging out. I just checked NOAA and they are predicting a 90% chance of precipitation for tomorrow's game here at West Point:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

There nothing like a good college football game when it's raining and either team can win resulting from a turn over or two. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great weekend and enjoy.......

T.G.I.F.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:32 AM   #325
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Morning all and yes, I'm awake at 0400 on a Saturday. Getting ready to leave to go to West Point for today's Army vs. Tulane football game. We have to have the EOC up and running by 0530 and go hot by 0600. Have a great day all and I'll be back on later on this evening......

Oh yeah, the coffee is definitely on!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:22 AM   #326
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewin'. Well, yesterday was a perfect weather day and we enjoyed every bit of it. We threw some bratwurst on the grill, sat back on the deck and smoke a couple of primo cigars while watching football all afternoon. I also caught the end of the NASCAR race from Kansas and a big congratulations goes out to Tony Stewart and the entire Stewart-Haus Racing team. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of their favorites through out it.......
Old 10-06-2009, 04:13 AM   #327
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, there's not much going on today except to watch the Twins vs. Tigers at 1707(5:07pm) on TBS. The winner will take on the Yankees in the 1st round of the Playoffs. Besides that, the NHL has started its season but all of the local teams are off tonight. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy.......
Old 10-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #328
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, I watched the Twins / Tigers game yesterday and after 12 innings, the Twins were victorious 6 - 5. The Yankees will be taking on the Twins this evening here in the Bronx at 1807(6:07pm) with C.C. Sabathia on the mound for the Bombers. Prior to that, the Phillies will be taking on the Rockies 1437(2:37pm) and then to finish off the eveing, the Cardinals will be taking on the Dodgers at 2137(9:37pm). Definitely a full day of baseball for the 1st day of the 2009 playoff season. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite cigar or two or.......
Old 10-08-2009, 03:39 AM   #329
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. There were some good games on yesterday with the Yankees taking the 1st game of the series 7 - 2 over the Twins. C.C. Sabathia had a great game and it was nice to see Jeter and Matsui go deep for home runs. They are off tonight and will play again tomorrow at 1807(6:07pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for New York. In the other two game that were played yesterday, the Phillies beat the Rockies 5 - 1 and the Dodgers won over the Cardinals 5 - 3. Well, today being Thursday, we normally go to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars in the evening but instead, we'll be headin' to Uptown Cigar in Kingston for an Ashton event today. Israel and the crew know how to throw a herf and I know that we all will have a great time. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super day and enjoys........
Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 AM   #330
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. There were some good games on yesterday with the Yankees taking the 1st game of the series 7 - 2 over the Twins. C.C. Sabathia had a great game and it was nice to see Jeter and Matsui go deep for home runs. They are off tonight and will play again tomorrow at 1807(6:07pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for New York. In the other two game that were played yesterday, the Phillies beat the Rockies 5 - 1 and the Dodgers won over the Cardinals 5 - 3. Well, today being Thursday, we normally go to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars in the evening but instead, we'll be headin' to Uptown Cigar in Kingston for an Ashton event today. Israel and the crew know how to throw a herf and I know that we all will have a great time. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super day and enjoys........
Enjoy Your Herf, Brother & Thanks For The Updates!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 AM   #331
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the joe is brewin' and T.G.I.F!!! We had a great time yesterday at the Uptown Cigar Herf, Israel knows how to throw a Class A event. Thanks for everything brother and it was great to see everyone as always especially the surprise visit of Rudy Gulliani. We got to see a couple of the MLB playoff games, too bad the Yankees were off last night. They will be playing today at 1807(6:07pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound. Tomorrow, Army will be taking on Vanderbilt here at West Point hopefully providing some awesome college football to view. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Colubus Day weekend filled with primo cigars and plenty of relaxation.......
Old 10-10-2009, 02:30 AM   #332
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'm about to head out to West Point to work Army football. Last night the Yankees won game two in the bottom of the 11th inning 4 - 3 from a blast from Mark Teixeira. For the full story and video, look here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Today, we have Army taking on Vanderbilt at 1200(noon) here at West Point, NY. Should be a great game and the weather looks be to nice as well. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and gets to enjoy it as well.......
Old 10-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #333
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the Sunday morning coffee is on. Yesterday, Army won in overtime 16 - 13 over Vanderbilt. They'll take on Temple next week which will be played down in Philly at the Lincoln Financial Field (Home of the Philadephia Eagles). Today there is a handful of great sporting events lined up: Yankees at Twins starting at 1907(7:07pm), the NASCAR race from Fontana, CA at 1515(3:15pm), as well as the NY Rangers taking on Anaheim in the NHL. I hope all of you have a great day on this Columbus Day weekend and get to enjoy a favorite or two or.......
Old 10-13-2009, 02:35 AM   #334
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the final 4 are set in the MLB now; Yankees vs. the Angels and the Phillies vs. the Dodgers. It will all start on Friday and I can hardly wait. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.......
Old 10-14-2009, 04:19 AM   #335
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, there not much going on this week as the MLB playoffs continue this Friday which should be pretty good. The autumn weather is definitely here as the temps are hitting the low 30s in the evening and during the day the highs are in the upper 40s:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, I hope everyone has a "Happy Hump Day" and enjoys.......
Old 10-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #336
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. It looks like we'll have a few days of snow / rain mix which should make for an interesting game Friday evening in the Bronx versus the Angels. We'll see how it is in the morning as every now and then the weather guessers get it wrong. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and talkin' this weekend's upcoming sports. If your close and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. If not, I hope you have a great day as well.......
Old 10-16-2009, 03:44 AM   #337
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big T.G.I.F. shout out. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's smokin' ceegars and watching the Phillies vs. the Dodgers game. Congrats to the Phillies for taking game 1 with a final score of 8 - 6 and they will be playing game 2 today at 1607(4:07pm). The Yankees will be on this evening at 1957(7:57pm) with C.C. Sabathia starting on the mound for the Bombers as well. I just hope the weather cooperates for them today and the games gets palyed and all. Anyway, I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend filled with primo sticks and good times.......

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #338
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees are up 2 games to zero over the Angels with a 4 - 3 win in the bottom of the 13th inning last night. Army lost to Temple yesterday 27 - 13 and Jimmie Johnson won the NASCAR race last night in Charlotte, NC. Today we have a day full of football and this evening Philly will take on the Dodgers in game 3 as their series is tied 1 win a piece. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well.......
Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #339
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Had a good day yesterday spending a few hours at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar enjoying a couple of primo stogies and watching some football. The Phillies cruched the Dodgers last night 11 - 0, hopefully Joe Torre has figured out a way to beat Philly as they'll be back at it again this evening. The Yankees will be playing the Angels today at 1613(4:13pm) as well and lets see if we can go up 3 games to nothing. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of their favorites through out it.......
Old 10-20-2009, 03:51 AM   #340
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, the Yankees lost to the Angels 5 - 4 in the bottom of the 11th. Both teams made a few mistakes through out the entire game and after fighting back and forth, the Angels were victorious at the end. The two teams will be back at it this evening at 1957(7:57pm) with C.C. Sabathia starting on the mound for the Bombers. The Phillies and Dodgers played again last night as well and the score was the same there, 5 - 4 with Philly being the victors in that game giving them a 3 games to 1 advantage in the NLCS. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or........