Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
peter_c

Default Can't wait!!!

My new Iron horse pipe is supposec to arrive today or tommorrow. I have read many Posts about forming a cake and I think I will try the fill the bowl have full for a week then moving on to a full bowl after that. Still working on slow smoking. As far as cleaning it. Run a pipe cleaner through the stem that is dipped in rubbing alchol, then another dry one. Then do I simply wipe the outside of the pipe with nice cloth and put it away? I know I am trying to form a cake in the bowl, so I don't want to touch it untill it forms. I am confused about once it forms, how do I clean the bowl? If I smoke the pipe twice a day and let it rest outside for one or two hours between smokes, do you think that will be ok?
I am very excited about the new pipe, I just want to do it right and not ruin it. I have heard the term burnout being used. What does it mean?
Can you switch between tobacco during the cake forming process. I am planing on using either Captain black, or some bulk lane tobacco.