Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #21
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Freezidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jester View Post
. It's currently going to spend a couple days with the door off on my deck airing out, and it still needs a good bleach scrubbing. There aren't any odors or anything in it, I'm not taking chances though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jester View Post
Probably explains why the interior walls are sheet metal instead of plastic too. I was pleasantly surprised to find the metal interior.

For lack of knowing how the interior panels are plated or clear coated, I would recommend going easy on the abrasives when scrubbing down, so you don't damage them. If the plating / coating is thin, you could scrape right through it and end up creating a serious corrosion issue down the road.

An old cotton t-shirt and a mixture of bleach and water should be sufficient to clean it and shouldn't risk damaging the coatings/plating. For stubborn spots, a nylon bristle brush like those used to clean pots and pans should be sufficient. I would avoid abrasive cleaners like Ajax, comet, etc. and things like scotchbrite pads.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #22
Dark Jester

Default Re: Freezidor

I was just going to sand it down to metal and do a primer and base coat before doing some designs on it. The exterior does have a couple scratches that are down to the metal already. I don't think I'll do anything with the interior. No scratches or anything there.