Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #421
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2011 Banter

Pelfrey pitches a complete game and the Mets beat the Angels 6-1. But you know what?? He is still a bum.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #422
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

I actually like Pelfrey, but he's suited for middle or bottom of rotation. If Santana was back and we had a second guy then I think he would be a solid 3-5 guy. Bay looks like he might be starting to come around.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #423
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Neise has started the game looking like stir fried dog crap.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #424
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Neise has started the game looking like stir fried dog crap.
And we get our a$$ handed to us 7-3. Thanks Niese.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #425
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets getting rocked by the As at home tonight.

Gee's first bad outing of the year. So much for 8-0.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #426
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Mets win another and Dillon Gee goes 7-0...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Gee, I guess it's time to trade him for some has-been.
Quote:
Mets getting rocked by the As at home tonight.

Gee's first bad outing of the year. So much for 8-0.

Well gee, you can't say I didn't warn you!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #427
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Reports are that Ike Davis need season ending surgery!

Mac, Let me know what size you wear and I can get you a Yankee hat.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #428
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post

....gotta better chance of a Phillies cap!

I like how Reyes is all "mighty" now...sign me or wait til the season is over....funny he's the only Met who doesn't know the season ended in May....
Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #429
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:

Old 06-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #430
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:

As near as I can tell by that reply, Mac's hat size is an 8.

Damn, he's got a mighty big head, especially for a Met fan!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #431
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Capuano looked good this afernoon...Mets take the series against the As. Reyes continues to hit.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #432
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

I say trade Reyes while he's hot, I know I might get killed for saying that but, if he stays healthy this season it will only be his 2nd or 3rd season being healthy all year. There are a couple teams that might be willing to give a decent package for him. When he is healthy, he is awesome to watch but he always has something going on and this is a walk year.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #433
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpdebump View Post
I say trade Reyes while he's hot, I know I might get killed for saying that but, if he stays healthy this season it will only be his 2nd or 3rd season being healthy all year. There are a couple teams that might be willing to give a decent package for him. When he is healthy, he is awesome to watch but he always has something going on and this is a walk year.
While it is true...he had has his share of injuries. I don't trade him unless we get a few TOP prospects (and they'd better be pitchers). I am confident Tejada can play short. The question is whether he will hit or not. I could see that Yankees making a bid for him. Doesn't help that Reyes told the Mets he will not negotiate until after the season is over. Can't risk just losing him with nothing in return. Double edged sword if ya ask me.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #434
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

If the Mets offer him Carl Crawford money he'll sign now!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #435
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
I could see that Yankees making a bid for him.
My ? Please. The Yankees are not likely to give up top pitching prospects for Reyes, as they need them more than they do a prima donna shortstop, no matter how he hits and fields. Also, as when Donnie Baseball retired, whoever tries to replace Jeets will not only need to compete on the field but also handle the pressure of stepping into the shoes of a beloved fixture. Tino Martinez could do so, and did. Jose has never shown the grace necessary to accomplish that. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #436
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
My ? Please. The Yankees are not likely to give up top pitching prospects for Reyes, as they need them more than they do a prima donna shortstop, no matter how he hits and fields. Also, as when Donnie Baseball retired, whoever tries to replace Jeets will not only need to compete on the field but also handle the pressure of stepping into the shoes of a beloved fixture. Tino Martinez could do so, and did. Jose has never shown the grace necessary to accomplish that. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.
I will agree with you there Thomas...Reyes does not have the class that Jeter does. But he can play a hell of a shortstop and he runs like the wind.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #437
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
But he can play a hell of a shortstop and he runs like the wind.
No argument with that, brother.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:46 AM   #438
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets drop one 8-1 tp the Ranger...thanks a lot Pelfrey.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #439
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets pound the Rangers today 14-5. Guess that means we will be shutout tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #440
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Quote:
Mets pound the Rangers today 14-5. Guess that means we will be shutout tomorrow.
I was thinking the same thing