Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 06-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #121
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game of Thrones

Tyrion teamed up with those barbarians because they were going to kill his buddy and make him a clown, something like that. So he did what any Lanister would do and bribed him with money. The bannerman are the ones who fly the winter fell banners I think. As far as horath, I thing they just wanted to show why he's a star
Humpdebump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #122
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Hordor, I mean, he's like this
Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #123
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
Spoilers below.....

Yea, so that was a crazy episode. I have watched it twice and I'm still fuzzy on a few things.

-What is Tyrion up to? Who where the barbarian type people he allied with and why? Also, it was interesting how quick Tywin wanted these men to help in battle. That just builds to Tywins ferocious character.

-So there are 2 Lannister forces, Tywin's and Jamie's. But where are these forces on the map? Location will help me see all this.

-We were told about the Riverlands once before, but only from King Robert talking about 'making 8' or whatever. He did not claim the Riverlands as part of the Seven Kingdoms. So why would the people of the Riverlands ally with either the Lannisters or the Starks? It seemed that the Riverlands are of some importance in winning battles....

-Bannerman means what? Rob Stark said to round up the bannerman? Are these people that are allied with the Starks? Why?

Haha, and why the hell was Hordor running around naked? That was just weird.

P.S. I REALLY hope Serio whooped that beastly of a mans ass after Arya left!
Quote:
i guess i mean Riverlords, not Riverlands. Now I'm getting myself confused. Dammit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpdebump View Post
Tyrion teamed up with those barbarians because they were going to kill his buddy and make him a clown, something like that. So he did what any Lanister would do and bribed him with money. The bannerman are the ones who fly the winter fell banners I think. As far as horath, I thing they just wanted to show why he's a star
Okay, it seems I over thought the scene with Tyrion and the hill tribes. It was means to an end. Tyrion only bribed them. I forget the knowledge that Tyrion has. He is able to bribe this men based on what they want the most, the Vale of Arryn.

As far as I can tell the Starks' host moves South and have reached the neck. It seems that Jamie is in Riverrun and Tywin is on Riverroad near Lord Harroways' Town. At least that is what I picked up on the map displaying in the episode. The Starks elect to challange Jamie first and will need to cross the river at 'The Twins'. I found a map that might help people who have not read the book, like my self.

I think I was confusing Riverlands that the King mentioned before and the Riverlords. Is it that the Riverlords are in the Riverlands? Can someone explain this?

Yea, the bannerman from what I can find on the net are men who carry banners, flags, and etc. But I think in this context it reffers to allies to the Starks. Robb said that the bannerman swore an oath to the Stark Kingdom, but are NOT actual Starks or people of the Kingdom. Any more insight on this one?

btw, thanks for the help Chris.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #124
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Spoilers below.....

Yea, so that was a crazy episode. I have watched it twice and I'm still fuzzy on a few things.

-What is Tyrion up to? Who where the barbarian type people he allied with and why? Also, it was interesting how quick Tywin wanted these men to help in battle. That just builds to Tywins ferocious character.

-So there are 2 Lannister forces, Tywin's and Jamie's. But where are these forces on the map? Location will help me see all this.

-We were told about the Riverlands once before, but only from King Robert talking about 'making 8' or whatever. He did not claim the Riverlands as part of the Seven Kingdoms. So why would the people of the Riverlands ally with either the Lannisters or the Starks? It seemed that the Riverlands are of some importance in winning battles....

-Bannerman means what? Rob Stark said to round up the bannerman? Are these people that are allied with the Starks? Why?

Haha, and why the hell was Hordor running around naked? That was just weird.

P.S. I REALLY hope Serio whooped that beastly of a mans ass after Arya left!
-Tyrion is basically trying to take his fate into his own hands. The barbarians are the hill people that live outside the Vale of Arryn that attacked Catelyn's party when they were on their way to the Vale originally. Tyrion knew that if he couldn't bribe them (with real steel and not the crappy weapons they were using) that him and his one guy couldn't make it past them alive.

-I haven't seen this episode yet, but from what I remember from the books Jamie is camped outside of Riverrun? But I can't remember. Here is a map that sections out the "states" pretty well: Political Map of Westeros

The Riverlands allied with the Starks because Catelyn Stark used to be Catelyn Tully, and House Tully rules the Riverlands. The reason they are important is just their geographical location (see the map above).

Bannerman in this sense is talking about all the lords that have sworn to House Stark. For instance, House Tully and House Frey are two of Robb Stark's bannermen.

Hodor was running around naked because...well he's not all there. He's just a simpleton that they never really describe as such well in the show, but describe him as such in the books. All he knows how to say is his name, Hodor, and can take orders but other than that isn't very bright.

Quote:
Okay, it seems I over thought the scene with Tyrion and the hill tribes. It was means to an end. Tyrion only bribed them. I forget the knowledge that Tyrion has. He is able to bribe this men based on what they want the most, the Vale of Arryn.

As far as I can tell the Starks' host moves South and have reached the neck. It seems that Jamie is in Riverrun and Tywin is on Riverroad near Lord Harroways' Town. At least that is what I picked up on the map displaying in the episode. The Starks elect to challange Jamie first and will need to cross the river at 'The Twins'. I found a map that might help people who have not read the book, like my self.

I think I was confusing Riverlands that the King mentioned before and the Riverlords. Is it that the Riverlords are in the Riverlands? Can someone explain this?

Yea, the bannerman from what I can find on the net are men who carry banners, flags, and etc. But I think in this context it reffers to allies to the Starks. Robb said that the bannerman swore an oath to the Stark Kingdom, but are NOT actual Starks or people of the Kingdom. Any more insight on this one?

btw, thanks for the help Chris.
Yes, the Riverlords are the rulers in the Riverlands. House Tully and House Frey are both Riverlords. What King Robert said about "making the 8" was in reference to sleeping with girls from each region of Westeros.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #125
kickerb

ok, thanks Brian! having a map really helps with this episode. there is a lot of talk about location.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #126
kickerb

So am I correct in saying that both Lannisters' hosts are located in the Riverlands? at this point in the episodes?

I know you said you didnt watch the latest episode, but you still may know.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #127
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

I believe they are both there, one outside Riverrun and the other at Harrenhal. I can't remember exactly however.

The opening to the show is kind of nice because it gives you a general idea of what Westeros looks like, but they only really highlight major places like King's Landing, Winterfell, and the Wall. In the books each one has a full map so you can quickly look up where the hell they're talking about, so without that yeah, it can be kind of confusing.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #128
kickerb

yea, i missed the portion where Tywin traveled from Casterly rock to where he is now. Thats why I love these episodes, there is so much detail to pick up on. Every mention of him before now said Tywin was in casterly rock. or maybe they just said he was the ruler of casterly rock.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #129
kickerb

THIS is super helpful. Just found this on the HBO site.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #130
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left. WTF. Me and the wife would sit and watch 24 and be stunned at how fast the time went each episode, I think GoT seems to go even faster.

I was super pissed when this latest episode ended so quickly. NO way it was 1 hour!

I wonder if episode 10 will be just 1, or 2 hours?

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:40 AM   #131
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Glad they picked up Clash of Kings Not sure if they could fit that book into ten episodes or not though.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #132
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC

Quote:
THIS is super helpful. Just found this on the HBO site.
That is helpful! Didn't know about it, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugill View Post
Glad they picked up Clash of Kings Not sure if they could fit that book into ten episodes or not though.
Yeah, I was surprised that they've been able to fit so much into this season and actually did the book justice. Fantastically done series so far.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #133
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left. WTF. Me and the wife would sit and watch 24 and be stunned at how fast the time went each episode, I think GoT seems to go even faster.

I was super pissed when this latest episode ended so quickly. NO way it was 1 hour!

I wonder if episode 10 will be just 1, or 2 hours?
really? where did you find that out? HBO likes to do 12 episode seasons.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #134
kickerb

damn i guess youre right, they have to be finished before True Blood starts. well that sucks!!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #135
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC

I don't know if any of you visit Reddit, but Emilia Clarke (actress who plays Daenerys) is doing a question/answer thread there! Pretty awesome...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment..._hbos_game_of/
Old 06-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #136
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

just caught up on the last two episodes and hbo is doing a good job, my only thing critique, wish they had left the blackfish in.

this next episode should be good.
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #137
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscmit View Post
my only thing critique, wish they had left the blackfish in.
you will have to explain so long as it doesnt ruin anything for the last 2 episodes....
Old 06-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #138
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

I'm kind of bummed that the first book is just one season (10 episodes). I think I read that it's a series of 7 books, right? So I guess it's not going to be a long standing show, which sucks cause this show is great.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #139
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
you will have to explain so long as it doesnt ruin anything for the last 2 episodes....
he was one of the characters from the book (catelyn stark's uncle) and was a general badass
Old 06-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #140
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpdebump View Post
I'm kind of bummed that the first book is just one season (10 episodes). I think I read that it's a series of 7 books, right? So I guess it's not going to be a long standing show, which sucks cause this show is great.
the last 2 books are as of yet unfinished so it could go the way of dexter and peel away from the books after a time, or it could be finished even sooner