Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #381
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2011 Banter

Mets piss one away last night...and looks like they are following the same page this evening.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #382
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

With his team Down 7-0, Carlos Beltran hits a 3 run homer,
drives in 4 total including what turned out to be the game winner, gets 2 hits, walks, and scores 2 runs.

He's awful, I don't know why the Mets haven't traded him yet
Old 06-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #383
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets pull one out!! Dom...Beltran still sucks (in my book)...and Pelfrey too!!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #384
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets biggest comeback in nearly 11 years!!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #385
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

It's a sin that a Yankee fan has to be the first one in here to wish the best for Gary Carter!

Prayers sent for the Kid
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 AM   #386
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
It's a sin that a Yankee fan has to be the first one in here to wish the best for Gary Carter!

Prayers sent for the Kid
You are absolutely right Dom. I've said my three Hail Marys.

Thoughts and prayers to Gary and his family.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #387
Tone-NY
I smoke therefore I am!

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (0)
AirForce
Tone-NY is on a distinguished road

Pelf is the new Ollie!

Beltran is damaged goods who is playing for a new contract. It's a business but he has been a productive player overall for the Mets. Compare that with Jason Bay, I rest my case.

Sad to hear about the Kid! My prayers are with him.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #388
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpdebump View Post
Just read the Post where Wilpon rips the Mets players. Saying Wright is a good player not a superstar, Reyes is not Carl Crawford and won't get his money and that Beltran was signed by some schmuck bases on a post season. Noe Wright and Reyes might noy be superstars but they are big enough to sell tickets and jerseys, and both of them pretty much do a good job on and off the field. When Beltran was a free agent, every Met fan, including myself wanted him. Besides the injuries the last couple of years, he's been a decent player. You can't predict injuries and if he never got them and put up numbers that he usually did no one would be *****ing, including me. But for an owner to come out and say that about his players is completely wrong. Yes steinbrener did it but Wilpon is no steinbrener. If he saw something wrong, he went out and fixed it. He didn't care what the cost was, he's in new York and wld put out a competitive team. Do us all a favor Fred and SELL THE TEAM...., sorry for rant....
Quote:
Originally Posted by x man View Post
Good rant, if he had spent what he lost in the Madoff thing, on the team,
he would be filling seats and be a brand like the Bombers, maybe even a TV service of his own. But he was greedy and neglectfull, now he`s crying about his signings, there`s no crying in Baseball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
Let us not forget that when George was making the calls the yankees were a Joke. I have no idea why people forget that the "core four" as you have all labeled them were Gene Michael picks. The 2 men that built the yankees dynasty of the 90s were Gene and Buck, not the two who always get the credit, George and Joe.

As for the Mets,the Wilpons are an utter joke. I'm tempted to just give up on the mets until these utter farce of an ownership team is forced to sell them.
I take it you guys were not fans of the article on Wilpon in last weeks Sports Illustrated.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #389
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets blow another one tonight...and guess which inning???

You got it...the 8th!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #390
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

What the hell did Jason Bay do when he left Pittsburgh & Boston??? I swear that he left all his hitting talent and everything he knew about hitting there because he hasn't hit SQUAT since he came to my beloved Mets.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #391
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

Great game by Dickey tonight
Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #392
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Dickey looked real goodlast night...Reyes looked better.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #393
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Mets need a long sustained losing streak to get this thread fun again...just sayin'....
Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #394
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Mets need a long sustained losing streak to get this thread fun again...just sayin'....

Isn't this about the time of year when Reyes pulls his hammy?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #395
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

yep....'tis the season....

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...ury-jose-reyes

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/11/sp...f-mystery.html

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...ght-hamstring/

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/...AgGme7i43zFLML

Old 06-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #396
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Seems as if Lenny Dykstra is doing HIS part to put the Mets on the back page of the Post.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #397
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Now let's stop all that!!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #398
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets use their #1 pick (13th overall) to take OF Brandon Nimmo. WTF??? Can someone please remind them that we need PITCHING!!!! :
Old 06-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #399
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

I'm ok with them taking a position player with first pick, the only thing I don't like is he's in high school and might have wasted pick if the Cheapons don't sign him by low balling him. They say that this years draft was deep in pitching and they picked one at 43
Old 06-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #400
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Nice win against the RED HOT AT HOME Brewers last night. Might be looking to crawl our way into third place soon.