Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jackie
Trading: (10)
GodOfFire is on a distinguished road
Default What is your favorite online Cigar Retailer

With so many online retailers and many of them being very good. I just wonder what is your favorite online cigar retailer and why?
GodOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: What is your favorite online Cigar Retailer

cigarmonster.com =)
famous-smoke.com runs that site
emopunker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
thegoldenmackid
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
thegoldenmackid is on a distinguished road

Buckhead (ATL Cigar), Cigar Source, Tobacco Locker, Uptown, RMR
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
Tyler

Cigarmonster.com, great deals at great prices if you compare around. I have grabbed some good deals.

Cigarauctioneer.com, I use this site when wanting to buy boxes of cigars that are nicer than $6. They normally have good prices on auctions mid day but I have found that you also need to do your research comparing to other online places.

Cigarbid.com, for buying cigars that retail less than $6 a cigar or for singles, and 5 packs. I mainly use Cbid to try new cigars at low prices or to pick up accessories. I have spent way too much money though with them haha.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I've had positive past experiences with:

Holts
DukeCity
TampaSweethearts

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
Tyler

Anyone use Texcigars.com? I have noticed that they have way lower prices than most e-tailers but have not heard anything about them. They also are lacking pictures most of the time of the product so I am a bit weary. Don't mean to hijack the thread but I think this is on topic enough. If it is not then I can move it.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
thegoldenmackid
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
thegoldenmackid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbright View Post
Anyone use Texcigars.com? I have noticed that they have way lower prices than most e-tailers but have not heard anything about them. They also are lacking pictures most of the time of the product so I am a bit weary. Don't mean to hijack the thread but I think this is on topic enough. If it is not then I can move it.
Reason why the price is lower is because they generally by from retailers slightly over (or at) wholesale, then operate on much lower margins. They have few, if any, actual accounts with manufacturers.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #8
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbright View Post
Yes, the times I have used Texcigars.com, I have been very pleased with the product and service.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #9
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Cigar.com best customer service
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #10
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
Cigar.com best customer service
i love cigar.com also. all my online purchases are from cigar.com, famous-smoke.com, or cigarmonster.com
emopunker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #11
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

I have found that in the past couple of years I have used Cheaper Cigars, Cigar Place, and Best Cigar Prices for most of my purchases since they generally have the best prices on Olivas, and Best Cigar Prices have El Cobre and the best price with bonuses on Perdomo2. I do buy Indian Maduros and Perdomo2 Mistakes at Cigars International. I have had great luck at all of these vendors to include Best Cigar Prices in December 2009 holding 2 boxes of Oliva V Maduros after my Visa Card was compromised (which I found out on this order) and I was waiting for a new card. They also made a mistake when they set up bonuses on Perdomo2 Torps and did not list the bonus on an order. Sent the bonuses (a Thundra lighter with each box, I bought 3 boxes) after a phone call. Only place that I have seen with better customer service is Holts.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #12
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Personally, I use JR's; I've always gotten good customer service, I get their shipments super fast, their prices are pretty good on the smokes I like and I like their JR alternatives.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #13
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

My first experience with cigarauctioneer.com was a very positive one.
I got a box of 10th anniversary champagnes for 1/2 price and everything else about 40% off. But, you can't get auction fever or you'll pay too much for the product.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Personally, I use JR's; I've always gotten good customer service, I get their shipments super fast, their prices are pretty good on the smokes I like and I like their JR alternatives.
Lew gets almost all my bisiness too. I will say that their Alts are very good buys, but even at twice the price or more the JR Ults are much, much better, and to my taste as good as many twice the price. Oh, and if you get ahold of the right bundle of Connies, you'll be hooked for life.

Besides, Lew's one hell of a nice guy.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #15
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Lew gets almost all my bisiness too. I will say that their Alts are very good buys, but even at twice the price or more the JR Ults are much, much better, and to my taste as good as many twice the price. Oh, and if you get ahold of the right bundle of Connies, you'll be hooked for life.
Besides, Lew's one hell of a nice guy.
Don't hold out on me. Which one is the right bundle?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Cigarsatyourprice.com. Love this site. Cigarbid.com is another addictive site and I've saved alot of money using both of them.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #17
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Cigarsatyourprice.com. Love this site. Cigarbid.com is another addictive site and I've saved alot of money using both of them.
Cigarsatyourprice. Best prices, great service. They package things very well too.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #18
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

The Party Source. Across the board they can beat most retailers prices, particularly if you call.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #19
waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
The Party Source. Across the board they can beat most retailers prices, particularly if you call.
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #20
KidRock
Moped Herf Crew

First Name: Jon
Trading: (17)
Trinidad
KidRock has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post