Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hey Dice, I took this picture for you...

This x-wing fighter is sitting outside a restaurant in Kent, OH, which is right around the corner from our house. It might even be in Stow-Kent, I don't know, I'm not from around here. I could get there on a bet, though.
I've been by it at least 10 times and always think "I need to get a picture of that for MOBD, he'd love to ride that sumb1tch", but I always miss the turn-in. I always think the place is called Mooby's, and I don't know why. It's got all sorts of weird stuff sitting around and the building looks like they wanted to go with a bunch of different themes but just couldn't settle on one. It's pretty goofy looking, but it's not bad. They stopped right before it got unsightly. Oh, I think it's just called Main Street Restaurant, although I don't think it's on main street. I'll have to ask the boss.
How I got the picture...
Lisa was taking me to dinner one night when we were over that way. I'd had a tantrum a few days before after she took me to the tenth upscale, pretentious bistro in a row where they didn't have anything for men to eat that weren't wearing their wive's skivvies, and she pulled into this place. I had always made fun that I wanted to go there because I assumed it was a buffet and she hates trough-style restaurants. I asked her what she was doing, and she said "You wanted to eat here." I told her "No, I just wanted to play on the fighter."
So I did, and here's your picture, D.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey Dice, I took this picture for you...

Edit:
I see now that it's called Mike's place. News to me.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Wow!!!

That's awesome, Scott!!!

Thanks for think of me and sharing the picture!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Hey Scott, all you need now is an R2 unit, and you can take it to the Dagobah System.

Of course, maybe you'd need to Googlemap for directions, as you likely don't have nearly as many Dagos out that way you can ask.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Hey Scott, all you need now is an R2 unit, and you can take it to the Dagobah System.

Of course, maybe you'd need to Googlemap for directions, as you likely don't have nearly as many Dagos out that way you can ask.
Shouldn't be too hard to find:

Dagobah Systems LLC
1133 Pinehurst Avenue, Royal Oak, MI 48073

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Shouldn't be too hard to find:

Dagobah Systems LLC
1133 Pinehurst Avenue, Royal Oak, MI 48073

Wow, looks to be pretty much built-up, for a swamp.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

nice.

i love this pic.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
Skywalker
BABOTL

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsetGO View Post
nice.

i love this pic.

Me too!

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Me too!
X3

And that is so cool, Scott. Love it! Did they have Princess Leia slave girl as the hostess or a waitress?

Did you eat actually eat there? And if so, how was the food?