Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #1761
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Games thread!

Ah damn, seems like another miss. I really am not too hopeful for the next upcoming few years in PC gaming. I am looking forward to the new Hitman but that's really about it.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1762
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I'm officially giving Borderlands 2 a 5/10....if you paid for it 3/10. Terrible game. What kind of company TRIES to make a product that pisses off it's consumer? Idiots.

NEVER have I died so many times in any one game. I've died probably 25 times.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #1763
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Really? I dunno, I thought it was nice they made it a little more difficult than BL1, because even on the second (more difficult) playthrough BL1 was a cakewalk.

Sorry you don't like it
Old 09-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #1764
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

It's just every boss has EXACTLY one strategy....if you don't know it you die countless amounts of times, losing all your money, to get the boss down after you learn how.

How linear. I don't like being forced to do everything, no options or alternative tactics.

Also the mechanics of each boss are WAY too similar, avoid the attacks because they can and will one-two shot you. They introduced that "insta-gib" crap years ago and it's been ruining gaming since. We get it, you want us to do things one way...your way.

No game I have ever played involved dying this much because you aren't doing the EXACT thing they want you to.

The storyline is pretty crappy as well.

Disappointing. I'm trying to play it through but if I die a few more times I'll just grab a trainer and they can eat it....I'll play it my way.

What ever happened to options and multiple strategies?

Did gaming companies ever think that MAYBE just MAYBE we want a nice story with pretty simple gameplay? Not every game should entail being constantly challenged by silly mechanics you will eventually get through anyways. The only thing that accomplishes is frustrating you. They do it on purpose sometimes too, like for example you "respawn" just a touch out of the way of where ever you died. Just enough to make you walk an extra minute or two. They are stretching the game time.....

Something tells me at the end of this game there really is only 15-20 hours if that but they stretched it to justify the price tag.

The loot half these bosses drops sucks as well. Got that thresher down and it dropped...nothing. But I died probably 8 times trying to kill it.

/end rant.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #1765
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

Well, I can't wait for DOA 5
Old 09-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #1766
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
It's just every boss has EXACTLY one strategy....if you don't know it you die countless amounts of times, losing all your money, to get the boss down after you learn how.

How linear. I don't like being forced to do everything, no options or alternative tactics.

Also the mechanics of each boss are WAY too similar, avoid the attacks because they can and will one-two shot you. They introduced that "insta-gib" crap years ago and it's been ruining gaming since. We get it, you want us to do things one way...your way.

No game I have ever played involved dying this much because you aren't doing the EXACT thing they want you to.

The storyline is pretty crappy as well.

Disappointing. I'm trying to play it through but if I die a few more times I'll just grab a trainer and they can eat it....I'll play it my way.

What ever happened to options and multiple strategies?

Did gaming companies ever think that MAYBE just MAYBE we want a nice story with pretty simple gameplay? Not every game should entail being constantly challenged by silly mechanics you will eventually get through anyways. The only thing that accomplishes is frustrating you. They do it on purpose sometimes too, like for example you "respawn" just a touch out of the way of where ever you died. Just enough to make you walk an extra minute or two. They are stretching the game time.....

Something tells me at the end of this game there really is only 15-20 hours if that but they stretched it to justify the price tag.

The loot half these bosses drops sucks as well. Got that thresher down and it dropped...nothing. But I died probably 8 times trying to kill it.

/end rant.
DAMMIT!

I wanted to love it so badly. But you've really nailed it. The constructor bot was the worst. I finally figured out that (on the first iteration) the turret that kept spawning behind it was a quick "revive" kill, so I'd just plug away until dying, then beat that thing up for the revive. But that's after a clean dozen deaths.

The storyline is a mess. It's pretty much the General Knoxx storyline.

I'm marginally determined to OP Zero and finish it, with the hope that they'll kick Burch off the writing team in time for the DLCs.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #1767
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

FTL: Faster Than Light. It's damn near impossible but I like it.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #1768
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

Partagas

I'm picking up my doa5 tonight. Can't wait!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #1769
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Finally got around to playing through LIMBO over the weekend.

Started up on Braid and on Dungeons of Dredmor. Dredmor is a ton of fun. Over on reddit.com/r/Dredmor they post weekly challenges for noobs...I'm failing MISERABLY at them, too
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #1770
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

*\o/*

I'm happy to say that, in to L25, Borderlands 2 has done exactly what I hoped. It took that long to grow in to itself. I suppose it's either a function of gearing/skilling up or the early zones just sucking wind. But now I'm good with it.

The amount of stuff I have to sell is just driving me insane. I've maxed out my inventory (27? seems low.) And no matter how much I sell, I've always got too many things I'd like to try, even with a full bank and stash.

I suppose if I was really driven I could create other toons, get them to sanctuary, then use them as packhorses. But I'm just not that motivated.

But then, Dishonored is coming
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #1771
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Anyone noodled around with the new Skyrim DLC? I pulled it down last night but haven't had time enough to breathe twice in a row, much less play games.

Plus, it seems that Dishonored pre-downloaded.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #1772
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

First Name: Gary
Trading: (2)
Lucky_Hippo is on a distinguished road

Finnally found some time to sit down and start slashing my way through God of War III. I'm loving it so far and looking forward to GOW 4 before I've even finished. LOL

Lucky
Old 10-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #1773
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

Partagas

The new Dead or Alive 5 is pretty good. They did a great job on the voices now...if anyone out there cares.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #1774
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

i cant wait for halo and call of duty

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:22 AM   #1775
Robulous78

Anyone Have any info on half life 3? Just a shot in the dark...
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #1776
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
i cant wait for halo and call of duty
I got Halo pre-ordered.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #1777
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
Anyone Have any info on half life 3? Just a shot in the dark...
No sign of it any time soon, but if your feeling nostalgic the awesome Black Mesa mod for Half Life 2 finally came out not too long ago

http://release.blackmesasource.com/
Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #1778
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
Anyone noodled around with the new Skyrim DLC? I pulled it down last night but haven't had time enough to breathe twice in a row, much less play games.

Plus, it seems that Dishonored pre-downloaded.
It's alright, I played through the vampires campaign and it was pretty decent. I get the feeling the dawnguard campaign is going to have you do the exact same things as the vampire campaign.

There's a bug where the follower you get nerfs the crap out of your vampire powers when she is a follower. So your new vamp powers seem lousy until you finish the questline.

Overall it's decent but buggy. Falling through the world, NPCs getting stuck in combat. Door not opening when they should to let the bad guys through. So you end up stuck in combat behind a locked door with enemies on the other side. Reload last save fixed the bugs for the most part.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #1779
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Dishonored review by TotalBiscuit/CynicalBrit

Seems fun...but i just really can't get behind the watercolor/soft edge art style. It looks SO cartoony. It's why I struggle through RAGE and couldn't really get behind Borderlands 1 or 2

But everyone else seems to like it. Maybe I just need to get with the times or something...
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #1780
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
Dishonored review by TotalBiscuit/CynicalBrit

Seems fun...but i just really can't get behind the watercolor/soft edge art style. It looks SO cartoony. It's why I struggle through RAGE and couldn't really get behind Borderlands 1 or 2

But everyone else seems to like it. Maybe I just need to get with the times or something...
I am not a fan of the look either honestly. Kills the immersion for me.