Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default What exactly is On Q wiring in your home?

So, I had my house built about 6-1/2 years ago and was offered On Q wiring, saying it was something I will want for a whole whopping $350 or so. I thought ok, what the hell.

Fast forward to today...what exactly can I do with it now???
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation
Default Re: What exactly is On Q wiring in your home?

http://homeowner.onqlegrand.com/home.php

Depends what they installed... I'm guessing they went overboard on the wiring so you have options down the road.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Cigary

Default Re: What exactly is On Q wiring in your home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
So, I had my house built about 6-1/2 years ago and was offered On Q wiring, saying it was something I will want for a whole whopping $350 or so. I thought ok, what the hell.

Fast forward to today...what exactly can I do with it now???
OnQ is the wiring system for today and tomorrow-the wiring system for the electronic home. It uses high-performance cables that can handle all your electronic needs from TV to Internet access, from security to home automation.

The OnQ system has three main components:

The service center is the central hub where all cables originate and are run throughout the house. The service center contains modules designed to handle specific needs like video distribution, telephone and computer access, computer networking, and home management.

The service center allows all wiring to be installed in what’s called a star configuration with home runs to all outlets. A star-wired system is the most flexible and most reliable system you can get. In fact, most businesses use the same type of system for their telephone and networking needs.

High-performance cables include RG6 coaxial cable for video and Category 5 twisted-pair cable for telephone and data. These cables include all the performance you need for today and for new capabilities arriving at your home soon.

Outlets provide the means for you to make maximum use of your OnQ