Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #21
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: German Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Course wouldnt the cigar equivalent be lets make that a 60 rg because well why not.

And both IMO are being driven by peer pressure/perception in the market that bigger/hoppier is better.

And I unfortunately think both are complete crap. ::-D
I think I agree here. I find most American brews and especially Micro brews to be overly hoppie and masking the malts and other flavors that make a true import good. There are a few micro brews out there that arent adding enough sugar to make hard candy and hops to make bitter beer but not very many.

As for the big assed cigar movement I dont get the 70 or 80 rg even many of the 60's lose flavor in comparison to similar tobacco blends in smaller cigars. Maybe the manufacturers are trying to compensate for something. It isnt good flavor though.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #22
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: German Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Adam I'll concide making crap and change it to making things hoppier just for hoppier sake. I swear the next hoppy pilsner, ale (read non-ipa) etc I get served is being sent back air mail to the brewer.

Course wouldnt the cigar equivalent be lets make that a 60 rg because well why not.

And both IMO are being driven by peer pressure/perception in the market that bigger/hoppier is better.

And I unfortunately think both are complete crap. ::-D
I agree that there are a number of beers or there that are out of balance. But yey, not everyone can make the next Pliny the Elder or Dreadnaught.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote