Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #721
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice
Default Re: NHL '13-'14 Season Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJx-rjxKBrM

Wonder if he likes them more now?
Old 05-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #722
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice
Talking Re: NHL '13-'14 Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Only enhanced by the French commentary!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #723
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Going Pens and 'Hawks. Pens already down 1....
Old 05-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #724
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

Partagas

Yeah but the King is kicking out big rebounds.
Love the intensity tonight. 2-1 a few seconds ago!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #725
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

Partagas

Since the end of the Torts era the Rangers have become really fun to watch.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #726
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Ugh.... I can't win(my heart) this year.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #727
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Though no Ducks fan, I hope they can advance and maybe I can catch a game next round(maybe not)... Might take SCF....
Old 05-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #728
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Cool interview with MSL after the Rangers game... Good JuJu to MSL...
Old 05-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #729
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Cool interview with MSL after the Rangers game... Good JuJu to MSL...
He's a cool guy. Was always second fiddle to Stamkos. Now he's shining in his own light.

Yzermann must be having seizures!

I must say Linquist was impressive though. He stopped a few really ugly ones, including the weird bounce off the stick on the ice. That rubber thing must have looked like a beach ball to him.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #730
mk05
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
mk05 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
...[Martin] Was always second fiddle to Stamkos. Now he's shining in his own light.
Are we watching the same games? Martin is, and always will be, second fiddle to the real play-maker and talent of a team. Show me one year where Martin played without a once-in-a-generation talent and produced remarkable numbers. You can't. He's extremely hyped by media, generally because he is a nice story for the NHL. He doesn't fit the usually hockey mold - he's very small, not very athletic, not very exceptional in any means...basically, he's easy to relate to some on a personal level. Doesn't mean that he is actually good. Let me explain...

Martin is not even Patrice Bergeron caliber, for the money and attention he gets. Look at the way he skates, where he dishes the puck, his lack of vision to see where the play will develop, etc, you will notice that everything is very linear and uninspiring. He has high-level line-mates who execute. If you can compare skill-levels with that of say, Lidstrom, Getzlaf, Thorton, Crosby, Savard (poor kid), Datsyuk, Benn, Oshie, (insert great ones like Forsberg, Wayne, Oates, so many I'd take over Martin!) you should notice that Martin's playing at AHL level still. Of course, you say, but those guys are the best of the best! Well, Martin has 2 Art Ross and is one of the NHL front-men, so you definitely must make these comparisons. And once you do, you realize how much of a bust he is.

Quote:
Yzermann must be having seizures!
(sarcasm on) Martin was so good that he was the 4th line alternating wing for Team Canada...because Stamkos couldn't get back in. (sarcasm off) Yzerman is no fool. He didn't trade Martin for no reason. Stevey-Y is one of the greatest talents there ever was. He knows a fake when he sees it. Tyler Johnson...Nick Bonino of the Lightning. Give that kid a contract now before it's too late...so raw.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #731
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Kane!!!! Didn't name my dog after that kid for no reason....(pun not intended)
Old 05-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #732
mk05
Have My Own Room

Oh yea, and bye bye Bylsma. Who was it that thought it would be a good idea for him to coach Team USA? Too lazy to quote me calling Bylsma out before for his incompetency...Can't even win against a rag-tag outfit of NY Rangers with a stacked Penguins team...well, minus the goalie, I guess.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:06 AM   #733
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Since the end of the Torts era the Rangers have become really fun to watch.
That whole 7 months?

Marc, think you're too hard on St. Louis....he's not Forsberg or Gretzky, but he is certainly no bust.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-14-2014, 12:09 AM   #734
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Oh, yeah. Patrick Kane.

Crawford wasn't too shabby either.

Congrats to the Wild and their fans, they gave Chicago all they could handle, and will be right back in the mix next October.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:34 AM   #735
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

Partagas

I still like MSL - I thought he and Stamkos were synergisic - they sure as heck scored a lot of goals together.

Be that as it may (in one's best John Cleese voice).... we get to watch him through the conference finals, and the Tampa boys were swept in round one. (Just saying).

I do concede that King Hendrik is likely the source of most of the Rangers success.

Tonight we shall see if the goalies make the difference again. This time Price vs Rask. I think the outcome depends which Rask shows up....
Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #736
mk05
Have My Own Room

Quote:
I still like MSL - I thought he and Stamkos were synergisic - they sure as heck scored a lot of goals together.

Be that as it may (in one's best John Cleese voice).... we get to watch him through the conference finals, and the Tampa boys were swept in round one. (Just saying).
Hello, just to reiterate, I'm not sure if you got the entire post above. Tampa has been rebuilding their roster. Martin is just not a top-level player as people or the press perpetrate him to be. That is the point. No more, no less.

As for franchises, you should read up on the late Bill Davidson and his work with the Pistons and Lightning (very interesting). The present owner is Vinik from Fidelity fame (or infamy), and Red Sox ownership. He brought in Yzerman to rebuild the franchise, which tells me that he isn't an idiot. I guarantee you, they will be a contender by 2016. Just sucks that Lecavalier and Stamkos kept getting hurt and were not able to make it happen several years ago past the Bruins (the year where Roloson took Superman pills lol).

We can debate long-term talent and roster management along with cap implications and trade chips if you'd like, as that is what I like to talk about regarding sports.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #737
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Habs start quick...
Old 05-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #738
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Maybe it's me, ok the D screwed up and didn't clear or stay with his man, but that pass was right through the crease, Rask was facing it directly on but he never moved, he didn't try to kick it away, hit it with this stick, grab it and cover it up, it went 30' straight and straight through the crease and he didn't even blink while it went past him then in a shot into the net. So it seems that's shitty.

Wow and the Bruins just got screwed on that call... Brad M. takes a stick to the neck and falls into the goalie and they call HIM for a penalty. typical. Wow bruin taken right down and no call again. Well I'm done LOL
Old 05-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #739
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Wow and the Bruins just got screwed on that call... Brad M. takes a stick to the neck and falls into the goalie and they call HIM for a penalty. typical. Wow bruin taken right down and no call again. Well I'm done LOL
Yeah...you expect that when the Habs are at home, but not on the road.

On a separate note, the book on Carey Price is shoot high. I think that all series long the B's have taken that too literally and shot like two or three feet over the net...when they're not aiming for the crossbar, that is. Hey guys, "high" means "just above his shoulders!"
Old 05-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #740
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I don't think I've seen the Bs look this bad in years, soft passes in skates, failing to clear over and over, losing pucks on their sticks, losing pucks in their skates, they are all over the place. Really disappointed in the team, sad response to a game 7 and a lot of that is with no one even around them, let alone when they are getting hit. On top of that Price is really on his game, he's focused on everything, not giving up 2nd chances, sliding the crease with ease and getting to everything.
Closed Thread