Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #341
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2011 Banter

Yankees tonight...YAWN!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #342
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Nice job Mets.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #343
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

It's always fun to play the Yanks, and it was a good game. Both pitchers were good but where the he'll was the crowd. It just seemed to me to be very weak for a subway series. Hopefully the next two hames the crowd will be more I to it.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #344
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

R.A. Dickey looked good (despite his 1-5 record) and the Mets held on to win 2-1.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #345
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets back at .500 and KRod has 15 saves...didn't realize he had that many...one behind the league leader, and Jose Reyes is tied for the league lead in SB with 16.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #346
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Mets back at .500 and KRod has 15 saves...didn't realize he had that many...one behind the league leader, and Jose Reyes is tied for the league lead in SB with 16.
K-rod has 15 saves but 20 finishes.
If he gets 55 finishes a 19 million option gets picked up.

I think Reyes is first in hits as well.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #347
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
K-rod has 15 saves but 20 finishes.
If he gets 55 finishes a 19 million option gets picked up.

I think Reyes is first in hits as well.
Let's go #54!!!

Reyes is tied for first in hits with two others. 1st in triples too!!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #348
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

For whatever reason, Yankees have always had problems with knucklers. Hell, Phil Niekro could likely still shut them down.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #349
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Wow... 4 out of 6 hits that Capuano gave up were homeruns
Old 05-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #350
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Yankees beat Capuano around like he was a little league pitcher last night.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #351
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
For whatever reason, Yankees have always had problems with knucklers. Hell, Phil Niekro could likely still shut them down.
Tell that to Arron Boone
Old 05-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #352
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Yankees take 2 of 3.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #353
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Thanks a lot Pelfrey!! YOU SUCK!!!
Old 05-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #354
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

He pitched decent until the 7th. That was a bad inning for the Mets.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #355
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
He pitched decent until the 7th. That was a bad inning for the Mets.
Exactly!! 6 good innings...only to piss it away in the 7th. He has so not lived up to his expectations when the Mets drafted him. After 5 1/2 years in the league...you'd think he learn something...NOPE!! HE SUCKS!!! When the firesale starts next month...I hope he's the second to go, right after Beltran.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #356
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I think you will see the Mets as a contender in 2013. They really need to look into moving the walls in. It's going to be hard to sign any big HR hitters until they do that.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #357
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I think you will see the Mets as a contender in 2013.
Based on What?

There minor league system ranks among the league's worst.
Reports are that they will cut payroll by half.
Reyes is most likely gone, Wright can't carry the team, and Santana will be gone by then.

I think they're gonna be as awful as they are now come 2013

Never pegged you for a Met sympathizer, Ryan!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #358
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

They have two of the best GM's in baseball who will get them turned around. Reyes is going to be great trade bait this summer for them.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #359
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Hate to say it, but props to the Yanks... They Mets won't be a contender until the Wilpons sell the team. It's a pretty damn shame that you play in New York with a brand new stadium and your own network and you nickel and dime. Yes I know about the Madoff scheme but they have been doing this for years before all that happened.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #360
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Just read the Post where Wilpon rips the Mets players. Saying Wright is a good player not a superstar, Reyes is not Carl Crawford and won't get his money and that Beltran was signed by some schmuck bases on a post season. Noe Wright and Reyes might noy be superstars but they are big enough to sell tickets and jerseys, and both of them pretty much do a good job on and off the field. When Beltran was a free agent, every Met fan, including myself wanted him. Besides the injuries the last couple of years, he's been a decent player. You can't predict injuries and if he never got them and put up numbers that he usually did no one would be *****ing, including me. But for an owner to come out and say that about his players is completely wrong. Yes steinbrener did it but Wilpon is no steinbrener. If he saw something wrong, he went out and fixed it. He didn't care what the cost was, he's in new York and wld put out a competitive team. Do us all a favor Fred and SELL THE TEAM...., sorry for rant....
Closed Thread