Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Hardcz

Default MMMMMMMoka Pot!

So I'm at work... and it sucks.... Not the work, but not having a sink near by, and using the aeropress gets kinda messy.....So I get to reading and thinking and go, HEY DAN!!! and I go...ya? And I think to myself, it'd be awesome to use a mokapot....and then go..hmmmmm wonder if there are any good portable hot plates I could use to heat the pot..... So as I begin my search for a hot plate that is reliable, runs off electricity, I'll also be looking into which mokapot to get. As I could easily take this to the restroom when done to rinse it out, getting more coffee with it than the press.

SOOO wondering if anyone has experience with hot plates and brands to give me an idea of which direction to go..as I have none.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: MMMMMMMoka Pot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcz View Post
So I'm at work... and it sucks.... Not the work, but not having a sink near by, and using the aeropress gets kinda messy.....So I get to reading and thinking and go, HEY DAN!!! and I go...ya? And I think to myself, it'd be awesome to use a mokapot....and then go..hmmmmm wonder if there are any good portable hot plates I could use to heat the pot..... So as I begin my search for a hot plate that is reliable, runs off electricity, I'll also be looking into which mokapot to get. As I could easily take this to the restroom when done to rinse it out, getting more coffee with it than the press.

SOOO wondering if anyone has experience with hot plates and brands to give me an idea of which direction to go..as I have none.

Thanks!
Actually Bialetti makes a moka that plugs right into the wall. I have never used one though, so I cant verify its coffee making ability. If you dont have any luck eslewhere, let me know and I will see about ordering one for you.

fyi, they also have car-charger run moka pots out there... I've seen them in Italy.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
DMK
S.O.B.

First Name: Darryl
Trading: (86)
Partagas
DMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really nice
Default Re: MMMMMMMoka Pot!

I have my little one cupper at work for me and I have a single burner Saltron hot plate for under it. It has one of those solid type burner plates rather than the coil.
This works great when I need a jolt to bump start my day.