Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Viaje 50/50

Viaje 50/50

Wrapper-Nicargua
Filler-Nicaragua
Binder-Nicargua

Construction:
Very beautiful chocolate brown wrapper. This smoke has an almost pig tail for a cap, the band on this smoke is unlike the bands on the usual Viaje cigars. Instead of the green and gold, Viaje went with two bands on this smoke, a black and gold Viaje symbol and on the second band the words "fifty fifty." There are no noticeable veins on this cigar, smooth cigar all the way through, from foot to head. I really can't pick up what the smell of this cigar is but I tell you this, I don't think I've ever smelled a cigar like this, it's not unpleasant, just different. Okay enough talking and time to bite and light.

1st half
Woah that's freaking awesome... with the first few puffs of this cigar, I automatically pick up on the sweet chocolaty notes. Have you smoked the Viaje Platino Lancero? So far, this reminds me very much of that cigar. Though the semi-sweet flavor is there, I'm starting to pick up a hint of pepper on this cigar. So far the burn on this cigar is flawless and the draw is just right, giving out just the right amount of smoke, not overwhelming. I know that when they were going through the trial phases on this cigar, the burn was very uneven and that halfway through the cigar, it would just go out on you. So after tweaking with the cigar, Andre Farkas finally got it to burn the way he wanted to. The flavor is very very rich!

Half time
So my girlfriends neighbor is playing some very loud Filipino music and he is dancing out front while shaking some bell... this is really disturbing!

2nd half
Holy cow, the spice just kicked the crap out of my throat! The finish is very long and I can still taste the spice after a few minutes of setting the cigar down. The transition was very smooth. I didn't even notice the transition until looked at the ash on this cigar, the ash color literally changed. Although the spice has a very long finish, it still has a bit of a smooth creaminess to it. I'm beginning to pick some other flavors such as a hint of lemon and peppers. With about 3 inches left on this smoke, the spice has mellowed out but the peppery taste is there along with some other flavors that I cannot pick up. I just ran upstairs to grab my phone and... yeah you can say it's a full bodied smoke the 2nd half.

Conclusion
What a great cigar. I had no complaints whatsoever about this cigar. Only thing that could have been better was that guy across the straight shaking his bells while dancing. The transition from the first half to the 2nd half was smooth, like I said, I didn't even notice it till my throat was begging for a drink to cool off the throat. I would very much recommend this cigar. I believe Andre Farkas made this cigar to be very affordable, msrp was around $10 maybe a little more in certain states. I can't wait for the Viaje event on the 26th of this month. TOWER CIGARS in Sacramento! Go and support Viaje and Mark's shop. See you guys there! Thanks for wasting you time with me.

Last edited by Adriftpanda; 09-04-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote