Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough
Default Short Review on El Triunfador #1

After the pre-light draw I decided that I'll do a short review on this cigar since I haven't written one here (I Don't think that is)... Anyways here it goes

Drink: Sandeman Madeira

The Initial: The scent of the cigar is that of a musty tree bark. A very nice light milk chocolate color, much different than the OR and second release of the El Triunfadors. The most unusual thing at the beginning stages of this cigar is the pre-light draw. I get the taste of crab meat...yes I said it, A nice king crab with a hint of the egg from a female.

The First Third: The first few puffs ends up being a light cream, almost like fresh whipped butter-cream. Very mild, almost to that of the white label, but that's the only similarity. Near perfect draw, light smoke, and a gray ash that isn't tight, but holds intact as it shows the ares where I stop drawing. The taste reminds me of the beach, very warm, almost to the point of smelling sand after I roll the smoke through my nose, leaving a hint of burnt sugar on the palate. It's heavy on a wheat taste leaving me to believe that Pete was correct in saying that this is morning smoke. Drawing near the end of the first third the burned sugar goes away leaving a green raisin.

Second Third: Entering this portion of the cigar, the taste of wheat goes away and into something similar...into almost a Graham Cracker lite or the breading of the pop-tart and a sumatra coffee bean, a bit salty. Through the nose I end up getting similar profiles of a Lily...more specifically Lily of the Valley in the back with a hint of paprika.

Final Third: Into the final third/close to the end of the second third, the butter cream taste returns. It doesn't change very much, a little floral aspect remains the same

Final Comments: I would love to smoke this everyday if I could when I wake up in the morning...not feeling like P.Diddy...I do miss the crab taste though. When I smoke this a second time, I know the flavor profiles will change when I actually have some time, but I need to study... Thanks for reading my obscure flavor profiling, and now back to not studying for my exam in the morning...
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Short Review on El Triunfador #1

Great review, thanks Kev!

The cream, graham cracker and burnt sugarcane I can relate to when I had the #3...

The rest, I guess I'll have to wait until I get the chance to try another.
issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Short Review on El Triunfador #1

Damn Wu...that's a review brother.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote