Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #501
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NHL 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Sharks going to try to win 2 straight tonight. Dont know if they remember how to do that. Team has been brutal of late. PP is something like 3 for 55. Upside is they have had the wings number for a while and the wings played a physical game last night.
Wild are in the same boat. Parise scored an overtime winner on Tuesday on the power play making the Wild 3 for their last 28 or around that number. Had 8 power plays the other night. Gave up 2 breakaways on one of them. So frustrating. We'll see how they fare against the 'Yotes tonight.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #502
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
Wild are in the same boat. Parise scored an overtime winner on Tuesday on the power play making the Wild 3 for their last 28 or around that number. Had 8 power plays the other night. Gave up 2 breakaways on one of them. So frustrating. We'll see how they fare against the 'Yotes tonight.
Just tell Parise to keep his head up when Raffi Torres is on the ice.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #503
mahtofire14

Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
No joke! That guy is a knee/head assassin. Hope Konopka or Stoner can get their hands on him tonight and re arrange his face a bit.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #504
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Check that, Konopka is a healthy scratch for like the 5th game in a row. Meaning the unless Torres does go after someone the Wild won't be dropping the gloves tonight.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #505
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Is Clutterbuck back yet? Not that he is a "fighter", but he may lay a good lick on Raffi.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #506
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Nope, just got placed on IR after that Hall cheap shot. Just a bone bruise though.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #507
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Fack that POS is back? Avery couldnt get signed but Torres is playing. Avery is less of a dbag.

Quote:
No joke! That guy is a knee/head assassin. Hope Konopka or Stoner can get their hands on him tonight and re arrange his face a bit.
Still say Cooke is the ultimate knee assassin to ever play. I still dont understand how someone didnt end him long ago.

Quote:
Nope, just got placed on IR after that Hall cheap shot. Just a bone bruise though.
That was wrong. The after game interview where he refused to admit it was a bad play was horrible.

On a side note I saw this last night and damn near spit my ice cold coca cola classic out.
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/162818423

I know when I coach I rock a little tilt, but I am left asking WTF? Why are you even wearing a visor at that point bro. Are you worried the corner of your forehead may be cut? Is he paid by the visor company to wear it? If im the company I want a refund because that looks like a mentally disabled person mounted that thing.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #508
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

The Avs play a game I think they can win tonight.... The Flames also apparently have signed Ryan O'Reilly to a 2 year/10M offersheet. Great.....just great....

Ryan O’Byrne tweeted this pic out, from a blocked shot against the Sharks Tuesday.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #509
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

....and the Avs match.....
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #510
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #511
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Unbelievable run, Tom.... If it's still going Wednesday, I'll look forward to the Avs snapping it....

Avs seem to have some jump after hearing O'Reilly will be rejoining them....
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #512
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Unbelievable run, Tom.... If it's still going Wednesday, I'll look forward to the Avs snapping it....

Avs seem to have some jump after hearing O'Reilly will be rejoining them....

Sorry, E,J,

Did the Avs resign O'Reilly today after the Flames made the offer?

Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #513
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Wild offense finally showed up tonight. Win 4-3 over the Yotes in a game where the score doesn't do justice to the domination the Wild displayed. Rookie Jason Zucker scored his 3rd goal in his 5th career NHL game and Heatley lit the lamp twice. Nice game.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #514
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Did the Avs resign O'Reilly today after the Flames made the offer?
Yep, they matched the offer sheet & they have money to spend. That said, it's A LOT of cash for a center that has never scored 20 goals & seemingly will have a ripple effect the next few years. Sherman tried to play chicken and the Flames came to the rescue. He(Sherman) really took it in the shorts here. ROR is going to be making 6.5M next year..... Which is 3M more than either Duchene or Landy, who with be restricted FA's at the end of the season and you'd assume will want at least ROR money, right....

Avs are going to have to move Stastny or ROR by this time next year(can't move ROR before that time)....

Long and short of it is this, O'Reilly has some pressure to live up to some serious dollars....
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #515
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Avs are going to have to move Stastny or ROR by this time next year(can't move ROR before that time)....
Why not, they signed him, can't they now trade him at any time?

Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #516
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Why not, they signed him, can't they now trade him at any time?
Have to wait 1 year before trading a player in this situation....
Old 03-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #517
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

As a side note, when I say that Duchene and Landeskog will be RFA's at the end of the season, I am talking about the 13-14 season(next year), when ROR is going to be making 6.5M, not the end of this year.

I also think that ROR is a VERY GOOD player and am not displeased the Avs matched the offer. I just think Sherman could have had him for less and lost his gamble...now the Avs will pay for that in the years to come.

ROR is now saying all the right things and it looks like all the bad blood will be under the bridge(hopefully?)..... The Avs need NHL players and if he comes out and plays like he was playing last year +....I'll be happy. As bad as things have been for the Avs, on the ice and injuries(+no O'Reilly), they're still just 3 points out of the 8 and 5 points out of the 3....
Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #518
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Brunner notched with winner in a shootout. Gust played well. Brunner has 16 points 10G/6A in 21 games so far.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #519
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

A fan posted this on Pav's twitter page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQek_SUBNw0

I love watching him juke two defenders so bad they run into each other.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #520
mahtofire14

Bolivar

So I posted about the Wild trading for Mike Rupp earlier on and commented that I didn't really like the trade. Well, now I think I do. He only has 1 (maybe 2) goals with us, but he has played very well. He has had many scoring chances with the checking line and he got in his first fight last night and destroyed the Bissonnette cutting his brow....