Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about
Talking A New beginning

Well as most of you know I am a new member with the love for tobacco for about 5 years now. I have a good taste pallet and am not picky to picky I loved mixing pipe blends to get that extra flavor, friends joking that some day i could be a fine blender and loving my blends and in them years have had some great tasting cigars of the few I tried. Well just recently I decided to get into full blown the cigar hobby purchased a humidor and some cigars did lots of reading and even future plans of my own blends.
Do you remember that first day when you fully jumped into the cigar hobby. your first Humidor , your first babies that you committed to smoke and take care of. With that being said you know the great feeling I am feeling right now, Its like the time I was sitting in the hospital room watching my son being born. I am a happy father and decided to share my happiness with pics. Please do not confuse this with the mystery box for I have yet to receive it. This is my first humidor,first cigars, the start of my beautiful relationship with cigars.
And nor for the pics..

My first 3 cigars. A bandito from a bundle from CI, A mini Krush classic by acid-drew estate from a bundle of mini tins, and a Thompson Explorer Java Dbl Corona from a deal of day Box.

same cigars different take.

The top half of my humi

And now the whole caboodle. The humidor is a Glass top Milano Imperfect 75-100 ct.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation
Default Re: A New beginning

Congratulations on your recent purchases!

The cigar hobby is such a great obsession and its great to see you jumping in feet first. Here's to more enjoyment and hopefully a long and involved love affair with cigars!
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Corey! Welcome to the slippery slope we all slide down. Watch out for he rocks and trees on your way down!!!

If you really are jumping in with both feet remember this "Coolador"
Old 10-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

They ain't kiddin about a slippery slope! Right now o feel as if my humi is severely diminished, because I'm down to under 3 boxes lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I was really hoping this was going to be a Star Wars thread! Oh wait, that is A New Hope!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Is your humi domed? because if it is, we have the same humidor!

Nice cigars!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about

Nope its flat wooded and glassed.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
JD11
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
RyJ
JD11 is on a distinguished road

I jumped in about 2 yrs ago and after all my reading here , decided I "HAD" to get 1 or 2 of every cigar so I can find the 1 for me. Well after almost a year I was more confused about what I like and don't about this cigar or that cigar that I backed off cigars. Personal and $$ issues along with that confused palate reduced me to a mere lurker , which is definately the reason I am TIP TOEING , not jumping back in. The people here are amazing , generous and happy to help any newb that comes here. So the plan is to reseason my 100 ct humi and start again . Good luck CoreyD with the new blends..

sorry for the long post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #9
BnBTobacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
The cigar hobby is such a great obsession...Here's to more enjoyment and hopefully a long and involved love affair with cigars!
Definitely one of the greatest obsessions any man could ever have. Happy collecting! Keep your treasure box filled