Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-19-2009, 02:46 AM   #21
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: El Cobre by Oliva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Thanks for the review!!!

But I'm afraid!!!
Grow a sack young Jedi. What does not quite kill us only makes us stronger.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:32 AM   #22
SmokeyNL

They are not that strong once they get some rest in the humi, but they are tasty!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:40 AM   #23
taltos
Really, really old

taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

They still have some kick to them but are not as strong as some others that I have had.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #24
Totemic
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Totemic is on a distinguished road

Are these even available anymore? I've been looking for them but so far every source for Oliva that I know is out of stock (and there doesn't seem to be any plans on restocking them either).
Totemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #25
taltos
Really, really old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totemic View Post
Are these even available anymore? I've been looking for them but so far every source for Oliva that I know is out of stock (and there doesn't seem to be any plans on restocking them either).
Check page 1 of this thread. I put a link to a source on there.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #26
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Just smoked one gifted to me by the slippery Shilala and absolutely loved it!!

I highly recommend it if you are looking for a magnificent mound of maduro taste!!
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #27
The Saint

Pick up a bundle of robustos, they aren't as strong as I thought they would be. I must have fried my taste buds , but all and all a very tasty cigar! I would pick these up again, with out a doubt.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #28
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I snagged one of these in a pass. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the review!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #29
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
I highly recommend it if you are looking for a magnificent mound of maduro taste!!
Then I'm sure Paul would love these. Oh, thats right. He's still digging himself out from underneath the "Birthday" rubble
Old 04-09-2009, 04:51 AM   #30
Misha

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
They still have some kick to them but are not as strong as some others that I have had.
Hmmm so I am not the only one that noticed it.
I would not even call them full bodied anymore...
Old 04-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #31
FriskyDingo
hoosierherfers.com

First Name: Evan
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
FriskyDingo is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I purchased some of these over a year ago and didn't think they weren't nearly as strong as I had read. I thought the LFD DL Chisel kicked me harder than the El Cobre.

They STILL stink (but such a good stink) just as much as they did back when I first bought them though!

-= http://www.hoosierherfers.com =-
FriskyDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #32
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I just smoked another one of these yesterday and it was excellent. Once again, not nearly as powerful as they've been hyped to be, but absolutely delicious, full, and a true pleasure to smoke.
I walked around for ten minutes with the nub in my mouth once it was done. I don't think I've ever done that with any cigar.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #33
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

just drybox them Scott, the dryer they get, the more power.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #34
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Smoking one right now...

Love this little butt-kicker! Scott described it well. I was gifted this one... planning on getting some more.

The guy who gave it to me included it in a bunch of strong smokes... I think he was trying to kill me - but I really liked this robusto.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #35
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Whew... half-way through...

Legs are feeling a little wobbly.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #36
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Old 04-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #37
SmokeyNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Smoking one right now...

Love this little butt-kicker! Scott described it well. I was gifted this one... planning on getting some more.

The guy who gave it to me included it in a bunch of strong smokes... I think he was trying to kill me - but I really liked this robusto.
you should try the torpedo, it starts off less strong and builds slowly towards how the robusto is
Old 04-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #38
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

i will have to try one or more of these....i generallly like the oliva line, particularly the V series
Old 04-28-2009, 12:52 AM   #39
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by colimo View Post
i will have to try one or more of these....i generallly like the oliva line, particularly the V series
Eat something first... and don't smoke it while operating heavy equipment.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:44 AM   #40
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

I have always wanted to try one of these, but cant get my hands on one.