Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-03-2019, 08:23 AM   #1
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default Best cigar you've smoked in 2019

I've been out of the game for awhile and I'm back in! I've missed a lot and i'm seeing a lot of new brands out there. What's the best cigar you've smoked this year?

I have a lot of aged cigars (due to my time off from smoking). I lost my sister unexpectedly 2 weeks ago and since then have been dipping into my aged premo special occasions cigars to celebrate the 29yrs I got to spend with her. For my best cigar this year was either a 09 casa fuente or a tatuaje white label from around 2011
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Best cigar you've smoked in 2019

Welcome back to the cigar game first off!! Meant to post in this thread the other day but I got busy...
Second, I'm really sorry to hear about your sister, I lost my father about 6 years ago and it was one of the worst periods in my life. The pain never completely goes away but with time it becomes less severe, so hang in there.
Last, as far as great cigars go in the last year or so, I don't really have any special or unique editions of cigars that I've smoked (mostly because I smoke often enough that I can't afford/make sense buying super rare cigars).
That said, here are some of my favorite cigars I've been enjoying for the last year.

Warped - Corto reeeeeally love this one, very consistent, slow burning small cigar. Intensely flavorful
LAdC Edicion Especial medium full & mega tasty! Occasionally has a soft mineral/earthy floral note that reminds me of some of the Cubans I've had
Cigar Federation - Mexican Hot Chocolate fellow member Weelok turned me on to these, spectacular smoke! Starts off with a pepper blast then mellows to extremely rich cocoa & chocolate type flavors
Cigar Federation - Mama de Leche bought 10 of these but wish I had bought 100 because they are now sold out also picked up 10 maduro versions which I believe are still in stock. Have only smoked 1 so far but it was truly amazing, saving the rest for my vacations this summer
Bolivar - Royal Corona just smoked my first out of a new box last night, I think they are from 2017? I'm relatively new to the Cuban territory but I LOVE this fuller bodied and flavored cigar. Really reallllly tasty smoke!
AJF - Last Call Corona reliable and delicious! I love Coronas btw, wish more blends were offered in this vitola
Rocky Patel - Sungrown Maduro currently hands down my favorite maduro. Decadent rich maduro, what's not to love?
Aganorsa Leaf - Signature Selection wasn't too impressed with these at first, but with a little extra humidor time (at least 6 months) they have become incredible!
Casa Fernandez - Aganorsa Leaf Maduro currently my 2nd favorite maduro, spicy and full flavored thick smoke and wonderful flavors

That's all that is coming to mind at the moment, but there are definitely more! If I think of any particularly good ones I'll try to post back here.
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:04 PM   #3
Mannyboy
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Manny
Trading: (0)
Navy (Retired)
Mannyboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best cigar you've smoked in 2019

Mannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:26 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

So sorry to hear about your loss, glad the cigars are giving you some comfort. Welcome back into the fold.

Best )most consistent) cigars for me this year have been '16 Monte Edmundos, '16 RyJ Wide Churchills and '17 Trinidad Vigias.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

I heard that the growers are saying this 3 yr period could be the best crops we've seen in 30 years. Gonna try to stock up on a bunch of CCs and some of my favorite NCs this year!
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #6
HighSierraSmokin
Keep Smilin'

First Name: Matt
Montecristo
HighSierraSmokin is on a distinguished road

Esteban Carreras Mr. Brownstone
Laranja Caixa
Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Sumatra
Old 06-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #7
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

So far, a 1998 SLR Regios
Old 06-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #8
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

For me, LFD Ligero Cabinet Oscuro L-300.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #9
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

So far it's a 18 LGC Orgullosos ER Suiza

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...&postcount=318

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:51 PM   #10
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

The Reynaldo from Black Coral.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:54 PM   #11
cigarsofhawaii
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (1)
cigarsofhawaii is on a distinguished road

For me it was a 2006 cohiba robusto. Absolutely loved every second of it
cigarsofhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #12
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Camacho (!) LegendArio Bertha maduro 6x60. Only line they haven't messed up because they've never reblended it.

To me everything else Camacho makes is a shadow of its former self. Thanks for nothing, Davidoff.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:23 AM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
To me everything else Camacho makes is a shadow of its former self. Thanks for nothing, Davidoff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8nbBBbLF4U

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 09-19-2019, 04:43 PM   #14
Escapethefam
Just in from the Storm

ERdM
Escapethefam is on a distinguished road

Well took ten years off and went through about 60 aged and rare cigars the past 6 months. I need to make a separate post on those. Kept bands and notes. Getting back in I love aroma de Cuba mi Amore Reserva .. the aroma is awesome. So many new brands I’ve been smoking a new cigsr to me almost every day. Overall these 2004 Choix supremes, but the best smoke for me was one I have no idea what it is. Sat in my cabinet for 10-14 years. Perfecto but a shape I’ve never seen. The tip was far pointier and longer and just an odd shaped perfecto with a Colorado wrapper. Tasted very cubanesque ... wish I knew what it was. I did image searches for a while lol. Finished off my old monte #2’s as well that we’re still pretty good even though maybe a bit past their prime . Only a few old cigars left so restocking at a fast pace. Ordered 60 today.

Last edited by Escapethefam; 09-19-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Additional text
Escapethefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #15
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

EscapeTheFam, was the unbanded perfecto possibly a Cuaba?
Old 09-19-2019, 10:07 PM   #16
The camaro show
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chayse
VR
The camaro show will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSierraSmokin View Post
Esteban Carreras Mr. Brownstone
Laranja Caixa
Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Sumatra
I’m with you on the Tat cojonu 2012, with a few years on it they are unbelievable. Maybe my favorite stick I’ve ever had.

crowned heads Headly grange drumstick was excellent.

PS4 from 2016 was also a excellent smoke
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:51 AM   #17
Escapethefam
Just in from the Storm

ERdM
Escapethefam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
EscapeTheFam, was the unbanded perfecto possibly a Cuaba?
No. The tip was the longest most posted I’ve seen. Bulbous in Center. I’ve got a pic somewhere. I’ll find and post.
Escapethefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:15 AM   #18
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

A few weeks ago I fired up a Punch Punch from June '18. By far the absolute worst cigar I've had this year. Tighter than my dear old aunt (financially speaking - before a certain admiral jumps in) and when I opened it up a bit with a draw poker it burned hotter than - oh, I probably can't say that. At any rate it really really really sucked and I finally tossed it. Almost an hour of pure aggravation. I did break it into pieces which made me feel marginally better about the experience and ended things on a high note.

Last night I smoked the one that had been laying next to the devil cigar in the box. It was everything it's brother hadn't been. Perfect draw, subtle flavors transitioning from woody to dark roast coffee, great smoke production, an excellent overall smoking experience. One of the best I've had in recent memory (which is admittedly spotty). Ya just never know.

As far as the absolute best this year so far, I'd say probably a '15 Double Edmundo.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #19
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill View Post
absolute worst cigar I've had this year. Tighter than my dear old aunt (financially speaking - before a certain admiral jumps in)

Old 10-02-2019, 04:47 AM   #20
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough

In the process of smoking this one and I had to add it -

AJF Last Call Toro (Atlantic Exclusive) - saw that these were LE on Atlantic and I felt the need to jump on a bundle, and I'm so glad I did. I'd already mentioned the Last Call Corona in this thread but the Toro takes this blend to the next level...just a really really great cigar! Such a shame that it is LE...i feel like starting a petition to make these regular production!
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote