Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Tea Discussion

Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about
Default Black Tea & My Wife

Alright, so my wife loves soda but hates coffee. She is trying to quit drinking Coke and cant seem to find another source for caffeine, is there any (Non-Specialty TeaStore ) black tea's that you could recommend. And what would fair well as Iced Black Tea?
Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Black Tea & My Wife

If you are the experimenting kind, I suggest a trip to Big Lahts....they usually have
a tremendous supply of teas available, at a discount, and since everything in that
place is from China, you could do worse, I bet. My favorite is TYPHOO Tea that they
sell there. Not sure it is some kind of guaranteed black tea, but it is tea, and its damn good.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

turns out that Typhoo is an English Tea, which still might be black, although I thought maybe English was Orange Pekoe.
Regardless, it is awesome. BL also sells another big tea in England, PG Tips, from time to time, which is definitely worth a try.

AHH, further reading indicates Typhoo is in fact black tea, and maybe the best loved in England to boot.
If you can't get it for 3 bucks like I do at B.L., you can get er HERE

Keep in mind if she is giving up soda, she will not be very pleased with anything unless
she can load it up with sugar, which will not help anything if she is weaning off soda for
the simple empty calories and reflex action of getting something sweeet and cold into her.
If the tea is good enough, it takes very little time to let go of the sugar. My sister serves
it unsweetened when I visit for Christmas and such, and although I never really cared for it,
I have begun to adjust, I am not there much. And of course, I could do the whole sweet and
low trip, but what's the point? Once you force your body off the sugar, that tea is REALLY
good on it's own. She may also be able to drink coffee if she learns to cold brew it, easily
learnable online. Coffee is much better without sugar than tea, IMO.

Last edited by OLS; 06-28-2013 at 02:52 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Lipton has put out a line of black teas. I have been drinking hot and cold. They are pretty good.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I like Tazo black and green teas.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
Infecting Via PM

RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

thanks fellas
Old 07-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
the nub
Papa Chino

Trading: (2)
LGC
the nub is on a distinguished road

don't know if you've thought of this...if for some reason your wife can't find a tea she likes, she can just take caffeine pills.
the nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
CigarInspector
Blogging hedonist

First Name: Denis
Trading: (0)
RA
CigarInspector is on a distinguished road

If she can she also may want to try to go organic - something like:

"American Tea Room Organic Yunnan Golden Ne"

or similar

Some of my fondest taste memories are the natural tea my mom used to brew in a glass jar out in the sun. Oh is tea so delicious. There are definet
CigarInspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
Infecting Via PM

RA

sounds good
Old 10-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #10
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

My understanding is that there are three basic kinds of tea, and that all tea is black tea unless otherwise stated. Black tea is fully fermented. Oolong tea (Chinese restaraunt tea) is partially fermented, and green tea is unfermented. Teas sold under other names, other than herbal, are just flavored black tea.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:43 AM   #11
clayteapot

The ancient name pot, from the Mingzheng Jiajing years for the spring tree pot pot, sixpetal round sac pot to Ji Hansheng creative design, Cao Anxiang can also make two teas of purple sand tea pot Zhonghua Long pot,china purple clay teapotand then to the Buddhist artist The faucet made by the sorcerer has been handed down for over 500 years. It is said that the founder of the teapot is the spring for the Ming Dynasty in China.

Last edited by markem; 09-17-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:21 AM   #12
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

You gotta be as old as me to call it pot these days, and who can afford it now anyway?
Old 09-22-2019, 10:43 PM   #13
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

I like to get fruit flavored teas for iced tea, they are black teas with dried fruit. Upton tea lets you order online and is very reasonable. The fruit flavors mean less sugar is necessary - if needed at all.